PureConnect

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Callers with no caller id

Posted 02-28-2020 17:17
    ​Hi all,

We are on Pure Connect Cloud (CaaS).

We have some calls come in without any caller ID.

Even though I do not see the ANI in ICBM, or the Database (CallDetail view), is it possible to pull the actual caller ID from somewhere else?  some logs, etc?

Having the CallID, can Genesys pull up the ANI somehow, somewhere?

If we have a harassing caller with a valid ANI, we can send them to an "IVR Hell" or just hang up on them.  But if the harassing caller comes through without a caller ID, there isn't much we can do about it.

Have you run into similar situations?  how did you handle those?

Thanks in advance.

Dmitry.
    #SystemAdministration
    #Telephony
    #Unsure/Other

------------------------------
    Dmitry Dyment
    vantive2000@gmail.com

• 2.  RE: Callers with no caller id

Posted 03-05-2020 10:13
    Dmitry,

It depends on now the SIP lines are configured but sometimes you can see more info in the SIP header or at the edge device but that would require Genesys. I've seen on Audiocodes gateways sometimes you can see the ANI info but they are requesting the ANI be blocked so when the gateway sends the call to the CIC server the ANI is removed. I don't think there is a built in function to block calls with no caller ID or it being blocked. understand though that there are probably customers who inadvertently have their caller ID blocked and if you block any callers who have invalid/blocked/private or whatever caller ID or ANI you could be disrupting normal customers. 

Stuff like this is always a balancing act between trying to prevent malicious people from calling in harassing your call center agents and allowing real customers to speak with call center agents. Usually we set up a blocking function for phone numbers of harassing customers and that's where we leave it.

Thanks,

Mark Tatera
    ConvergeOne

Opinions are my own and not the views of my employer. Any suggestions or programming changes I suggest come with no warranty and should be tried at your own risk. If my comment helped you or solved your problem please consider marking my comment as best answer.

• 3.  RE: Callers with no caller id

Posted 03-06-2020 08:13
    The main question to answer is whether you receive genuine calls that have caller ID blocked. If so, there probably won't be much you can do about it.

If not, a simple handler customization could block these or send them to a specific Attendant profile to be handled separately from other calls.

David Currier
    cpi.solutions

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources