PureConnect

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Creating an ACD email interaction as a reply to a parent

Posted 07-20-2021 16:49
    Edited by David Hobson 07-20-2021 16:51

Hello everyone. I have a handler that monitors a mailbox for new incoming mail. When it detects one it gets the senders email address, pulls some data back from our CRM software, then creates an ACD Email on the queue their account was flagged for. A situation came up: "What happens if the customer sends an immediate follow up such as 'Can you please add x to the order?'" In this case i would like to tag that follow up email back to the original(the preceding email) provided that it is still active on the queue. I built out the logic to detect if there were any emails that are a good candidates which returns a potential parent email it could be tagged to but im having trouble implementing the behavior i would like.

Ideally, i would like to link this follow up email as a reply like how the Interaction Desktop, or Interaction Connect creates a child email when an agent clicks the "reply button" on an ACD email currently assigned to them, such that it appears as a sub email underneath the original. I've been playing around with this in handlers, but i cannot seem to get it to work with the "Email interaction Create" tool step. I assumed that the "Parent" Variable on the "Create Email Toolstep" would take care of this, but that does not seem to be the case, or at least its not working with the current variables ive set. These are the parameters i'm using.

Queue => "Workgroup Queue: Test Queue"
    Direction => 1 (Inbound)
    Type => 2 (reply)
    Parent => <The Interaction ID object of an email still active on the queue>

The behavior i'm seeing is that the email will be queued on "Test Queue", and it shows as a reply, but it is not linked underneath the parent email and instead appears as its own separate interaction on the queue.

I would appreciate any help on this matter, thanks in advance.

#Handlers
    #Routing(ACD/IVR)

------------------------------
    David Hobson
    Tenaquip Limited

• 2.  RE: Creating an ACD email interaction as a reply to a parent

Posted 07-27-2021 13:42
    Can anyone assist?

David Hobson
    Tenaquip Limited

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources