PureConnect

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Sip Softphone Provisioning and AFDS SSO Sign on

Posted 11-01-2019 11:34

In testing Sip Softphone as a workstation for Interaction Desktop, it will only provision if the agent signs on using IC Credentials.  Our population signs on using AFDS SSO only, they do not know their IC Credentials as there is no need. 

When the agent signs on to Interaction Desktop with AFDS SSO, they are then asked to enter IC Credentials into a certification authentication box.  without that Sip Softphone will not provision successfully? 

Anyone else have this issue?  Is there a way around it ? 

Thanks!

Christine

#SIP/VolP
    #SystemAdministration
    #Unsure/Other

------------------------------
    Christine

• 2.  RE: Sip Softphone Provisioning and AFDS SSO Sign on

Posted 11-05-2019 10:51
    You can disable IC credential login in IA, this would probably remove the issue with the login.

it is probably a certificate issue, you need the client workstations to have a certificate that the IC server trusts and vice versa. 

You can find almost all the answers in this document, if you have not already been all over it :) 
    https://help.genesys.com/cic/mergedprojects/wh_tr/desktop/pdfs/single_sign-on_identity_providers_tr.pdf

I hope this helps.

Egill Palsson
    Advania AB

• 3.  RE: Sip Softphone Provisioning and AFDS SSO Sign on

Posted 11-05-2019 11:38
    Christine,

We usually see that IC credential box pop up upon the first time the user logs in as the CIC applications use the IC username and password to create the required certificates for the SIP soft phone. Do you only see this on the first login or every time the users try to log into the SIP soft phone. If you are seeing it every time I wonder if the security rights are set up in a way which prevents CIC from saving the credentials. If I remember correctly the SIP soft phone certificates are stored here: C:\Users\<Username>\AppData\Roaming\Interactive Intelligence\CIC\Certificates. Also if you see a boat load of _X files in here usually that indicates some sort of issue reading the certificate files.

Thanks,

Mark Tatera
    ConvergeOne

Opinions are my own and not the views of my employer. Any suggestions or programming changes I suggest come with no warranty and should be tried at your own risk. If my comment helped you or solved your problem please consider marking my comment as best answer.

• 4.  RE: Sip Softphone Provisioning and AFDS SSO Sign on

Posted 11-21-2019 08:29
    Thanks for the information everyone. 

We do only see this the first time the user signs on. 
    The concern is that while our population does not use CIC credentials to log into the system they do use their CIC user name and password to call in and remotely set voicemail, etc.   

I will need to investigate the effects.   

Thanks again everyone! 
    Christine

Christine Serapiglia

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources