PureConnect

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Determining IVR "Hang-Ups" in Attendant for Containment Metrics

Posted 01-28-2020 16:48
    I'm looking to determine if there is a way - using the out-of-the-box reports - to determine calls that finalize in Attendant before routing to queue.  We suddenly saw a spike for several days where our containment rates went up significantly, but has since started to return to historical levels.

Although we always welcome opportunity for better containment, seeing a sharp spike (between 10-15% increase over just a few days) makes me VERY suspicious.

As I don't have access to the raw data tables, I have to resort to using the standard reports - and I'm not finding them to be of any use in this instance.

I welcome all suggestions - Thanks!
    #Reporting/Analytics

------------------------------
    Barry Farrington
    PureConnect Administrator
    Long Term Care Partners, LLC

• 2.  RE: Determining IVR "Hang-Ups" in Attendant for Containment Metrics

Posted 01-30-2020 10:33
    Barry,

I don't spend much time in the IVR reports (I dislike the limited functionality of them so I normally build custom reporting for IVR applications) but I thought the IVR Breakdown Report and the IVR abandon report show where callers end in the IVR. Have you tried running the different IVR reports to see what data you can get from them?

Thanks,

Mark Tatera
    ConvergeOne

Opinions are my own and not the views of my employer. Any suggestions or programming changes I suggest come with no warranty and should be tried at your own risk. If my comment helped you or solved your problem please consider marking my comment as best answer.

• 3.  RE: Determining IVR "Hang-Ups" in Attendant for Containment Metrics

Posted 01-30-2020 10:59
    Hi Mark - I've already tried both of those reports and neither gives any sort of comprehensive understanding, other than how many calls hit a particular profile.  Even the abandon report seems to have very little - if any - viable data.  I've checked various profiles/nodes in Attendant and they are marked for reporting, so it's unclear as to how usable these reports really are in terms of assessing overall IVR application health.

We're working on getting the SQL data tables sent daily, but until that happens, I'm at a bit of an impasse with the canned reports.  I would love to build my own, but I don't believe that PCC customers are afforded that capability as of yet.

Barry Farrington

• 4.  RE: Determining IVR "Hang-Ups" in Attendant for Containment Metrics

Posted 01-30-2020 15:27
    Barry,

We do now have a class on Custom Reporting available. I appreciate that you are a Cloud customer, but I suspect that adding Custom Reports would be similar to adding Custom Handlers insofar as you would need to get some files added to the server...

Just a thought...

• 5.  RE: Determining IVR "Hang-Ups" in Attendant for Containment Metrics

GENESYS
    Posted 01-31-2020 09:18

Hey Barry - 

The OOB reports are unlikely to show you any sort of containment.  To Mark's point, the IVR Abandon report will show where callers abort the IVR.  But any sort of system disconnects you may be doing are unlikely to show up.  And you may not want to count calls that come into the IVR, go to a workgroup, and then get transferred back into the IVR by the agent or choose to go back into the IVR via a Queue Menu. 

I personally wouldn't count those an truly "IVR Contained", but to really define the IVR segment portion only, you'd have to look into a tool like the Segment Parser, and ensure that calls have only 1 segment, and that 1 segment is an IVR segment.

Thanks,

Trent.

• 6.  RE: Determining IVR "Hang-Ups" in Attendant for Containment Metrics

Posted 01-31-2020 09:47
    Hi Trent - funny that you should happen to mention Segment Parser.  We're in the process of trying to obtain the feature to assist with other ACD-related reporting issues that we've experienced since going live on PCC.

Barry Farrington

• 7.  RE: Determining IVR "Hang-Ups" in Attendant for Containment Metrics

Posted 02-03-2020 11:03
    Hello Barry,

You need to carefully use the "Enable IVR Reporting" check box in attendant :
    - first verify that no node has the feature activated in your script
    - select all revelant nodes for your statistics
    - check the "Enable IVR Reporting" for these nodes

The IVR reports should now shows better results. They are not perfect but they should help your teams.

lionel Florence
    HELPLINE

• 8.  RE: Determining IVR "Hang-Ups" in Attendant for Containment Metrics

Posted 02-03-2020 14:53
    Hi Lionel - as mentioned earlier on this board post, I've already tagged the pertinent Attendant nodes for reporting purposes, but the current out-out-of-box reports simply do not give us the level of usable data that we have previously on the Premier platform.  I do like Trent's suggestion of using Segment Parser, which I believe may give the level of detail we're currently lacking with IVR reporting.

Also - if anyone currently has Segment Parser and could attach a screen shot, that would be very helpful.  We received one from our account manager, but the image is too small to read the data labels.  Understandably, data can be proprietary, but any assistance that can be given would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Barry Farrington

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources