PureConnect

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  How to Find a State for Inbound Call based of ANI

Posted 04-27-2020 01:44
    Hello All,
    Hope everyone doing great and staying safe!
    Because of the Covid-19 we have to make few changes to our collections inbound routing for State of Illinois and Nevada callers.

Is there any way or any system variable in genesys which identifies state for incoming call based of ANI.

Thanks
    Anagha
    #AskMeAnything(AMA)

------------------------------
    Anagha Chandere
    Southwest Business Corp.

• 2.  RE: How to Find a State for Inbound Call based of ANI

Posted 04-27-2020 11:31
    Hi Anagha,
       I don't think there is a built-in variable that will give you that info. But you can add logic in CustomIncomingCall handler to identify the calls using the area code and add a custom attribute that can be used in Attendant profiles.

Rijeesh Chathoth
    Voice Data Systems LLC

• 3.  RE: How to Find a State for Inbound Call based of ANI

Posted 04-28-2020 19:22
    Thank You Rijeesh,
    Yes thats the another option that We are working on.

Anagha Chandere
    Southwest Business Corp.

• 4.  RE: How to Find a State for Inbound Call based of ANI

Posted 04-28-2020 10:47
    ​Hi,

This can be done via custom handler: 
    It would Look at the area code of a phone number, and set a "state" based on some reference (IP table in the IC Administrator).

Few things to keep in mind:
    - If you're going by area code, you need a table that references an area code to the state. Which area codes are IL, etc.  
    - Some are codes may overlay multiple states. 
    - Also, a lot of people keep their area code for mobile phone after they move to another state.  So area codes are not 100% guaranteed to get the RIGHT state of the caller. 

Dmitry.

• 5.  RE: How to Find a State for Inbound Call based of ANI

Posted 04-28-2020 19:28
    Thank You Dmitry,
    Yes, Another option is IP table That we are working on. I just wanted to see if there is anything readily available that we can use instead of IP table look up based on the ANI area Code.

Our First Check is Data Dip in Dialer Table to see if We Dialed That Record and If yes then state look up.
    Second Check is  the State  look up based on area Code.

Thank you for your Help, Appreciate It.

Anagha Chandere
    Southwest Business Corp.

• 6.  RE: How to Find a State for Inbound Call based of ANI

Posted 04-28-2020 11:22
    There are a number of online reverse white-pages lookup providers (Google is your friend). So, as others have mentioned, you could call a Handler from either CustomAnswer (to lookup prior to answering) or CustomIncomingCall (to do it afterwards) and then use the REST / SOAP tools to do a lookup, set an attribute and then you can test the attribute in Attendant.

The advantage of using a 3rd party provider (even though you will probably have to pay) is that you don't need to keep it up to date. It can also potentially tell you about Mobile vs Fixed numbers and so on...

HTH

• 7.  RE: How to Find a State for Inbound Call based of ANI

Posted 04-28-2020 19:30
    Thank you Paul, Appreciate your help!

Anagha Chandere
    Southwest Business Corp.

• 8.  RE: How to Find a State for Inbound Call based of ANI

Posted 04-29-2020 12:56
    I second what Paul says here. I've used a couple of 3rd party providers for information like this are there usually is a bunch of extra information they can provide which can be very helpful.

Mark Tatera
    ConvergeOne, Inc.

Opinions are my own and not the views of my employer. Any suggestions or programming changes I suggest come with no warranty and should be tried at your own risk. If my comment helped you or solved your problem please consider marking my comment as best answer.

• 9.  RE: How to Find a State for Inbound Call based of ANI

Posted 04-30-2020 07:20
    Hello Anagha.

If your goal is to isolate Illinois & Nevada from the rest, you may also be able to leverage your carrier.  For example, the carrier may be able to ship calls that originate from Illinois or Nevada to one DNIS, but the rest of the country to a different DNIS. 

If you need to identify all states uniquely, this would probably not work as you would need a lot more DNIS'.

Tom​

Tom Mullen
    Boehringer Ingelheim GmbH

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources