PureConnect

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  AMA Ice Breaker - How can you help your customers?

GENESYS
    Posted 10-23-2019 12:59
    We start each AMA with an ice breaker submitted by a customer. The ice breaker for today came to us from Paul. Paul wanted to know the following: 

How can you make a difference with your Customers?

Paul isn't throwing softballs today. What do you think Tom Shallon and Matt Sifferlen

Just as a reminder, you can ask your AMA questions in the PureConnect community and learn more about AMAs on the Community's AMA page. Feel free to message me if you have any questions or suggestions about the AMA. 

Cheers,

#Ask Me Anything (AMA)

------------------------------
    Matt Lawson
    Genesys - Employees
    Online Community Manager

• 2.  RE: AMA Ice Breaker - How can you help your customers?

GENESYS
    Posted 10-23-2019 13:08
    Edited by Matt Lawson 11-13-2019 13:07
    As a Product Manager, I think one of the best things I can do to make a difference with customers is to listen to them. Pulling in customer feedback to our roadmap and development lifecycle is key to ensuring that we are moving lock-step with our customers on their CX journey. Technical innovations and market analysis can provide high level guidelines, but really understanding what our customers are trying to accomplish with *their* customers is the most beneficial for all of us. This is one of the reasons the PureConnect Product team likes to regularly engage with customers through on site visits, conferences, and GSummit events. We also regularly review the Ideas (and how much the community is engaging with them) that are submitted through our Knowledge Network.

Tom Shallon
    Genesys - Employees

• 3.  RE: AMA Ice Breaker - How can you help your customers?

GENESYS
    Posted 10-23-2019 13:35
    Edited by Matt Lawson 11-13-2019 13:07
      |   view attached
    Tom is exactly right!  We want to hear from you, we know you have great ideas for our products. 
    If you haven't visited the PureConnect Ideas Lab yet, please take a few minutes to check it out. 
    The Ideas Lab encourages engagement, builds community and dialogue, and truly incorporates the voice of the customer into the conversation and process that drives Genesys product development.
    You can access the Genesys Knowledge Network and Login to the Ideas Lab, then click on the Browse and Submit button in the Product Ideas Lab widget. 
    I have attached the "Quick Guide" to get you started. 
    We look forward to your Ideas!!

#Ask Me Anything (AMA)
    Ginger Alford
    Product Mgmt Operations Analyst
    Genesys - Employees

Attachment(s)

pdf
    FAQ - Quick Guide - EXT.pdf   629 KB 1 version

• 4.  RE: AMA Ice Breaker - How can you help your customers?

Posted 10-23-2019 13:14
    There's a Clayton Christensen quote that I like, which is "Customers don't buy products or services, they pull them into their lives to make progress." He goes on to say that products get "hired" by customers to do specific jobs on a daily basis, and as long as they continue to deliver the progress that was promised, they will continue to get hired.

So my quick answer would be, we (as Product Managers) can make a difference by continuing to deliver on the promise that caused our customers to "hire" us in the first place.  Customers make large investments with Genesys, and its on the product team here to make sure we understand our customers and understand the progress they're seeking when they're using our products.  

We will always be faced with competing priorities, but it's our job to make sure we're focusing our efforts on the ones that deliver the most value to our customers.

p.s. Competing Against Luck, by Clayton Christensen, is a great book btw for anyone interested in product or marketing.

Matt Sifferlen
    Genesys - Employees

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources