PureConnect

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Marquee Custom fields from DB

Posted 01-30-2020 13:53
    Edited by Evan Doherty 02-03-2020 10:19

Hey folks,

I've built up a responsive, customized version of the IC Business Manager's Dialer Overview using Marquee. I loop through the entirety of each node in the XML to populate a simple HTML table.  

It ends up looking something like this:

I'm happy with what we've got, but one thing I can't work out from the documentation is how to represent custom fields. I'm pretty beginner level as far as XML goes, but I know you can do stuff in SQL with FOR XML, and then somehow retrieving that and putting it in the XSL for Marquee to consume. But I was wondering (hoping) that there was perhaps an out-of-the-box functionality already supported by Marquee for doing such a thing that would allow me to access an existing value in a known database.

I don't really have a bulletproof avenue for creating stored procedures or new automated processes in the database itself, so essentially I'm looking to do this all on the Marquee server side. I could potentially build my own database and load it with the extra things I want Marquee to display, but I'm not really confident in my ability to build out the schemas for generating full tables based on a SQL expressions. I was hoping that there was a node in the ininStatKeys, like an existing supported statistic that I could use to dump stuff into, but I haven't seen anything like that.

I'm also open to Occam's Razor answers here; I'm sure I'm missing something obvious but I figured I would see if this community has solved such a problem before hollering in to the den of Stack Exchange.

Thanks in advance for any ideas!

#Integrations
    #Reporting/Analytics

#InteractionMarquee

------------------------------
    Evan Doherty

​​​

• 2.  RE: Marquee Custom fields from DB

Posted 02-03-2020 10:13
    To any poor souls that come to this thread in the future, I did figure out one way. If you're reading this, you may be an XSL noob like myself, but the trick is the document() method within XSL. You can look it up if you want, it's weirdly documented in a lot of places, but basically you kind of need to have some grasp on the way that Templates and passing arguments works, re: XPATH. For this, I'll keep it super simple, because this is what I was looking for.

If you want custom data that isn't a statistic Marquee provides natively, eg the result of a SQL query or simply something you write to a file that you can change, create another XML file (separate from the one you're transforming with XSL) and for starters you should leave it on the same server Marquee is on, just so access isn't a problem. Use something basic, like

<?xml version="1.0"?>

<note>
      <to>Universe</to>
      <from>Evan</from>
      <subject>leave me alone</subject>
      <body>Have a good weekend!</body>
    </note>

Once you place that file on the server, you need to point to it in the XSL. You see a lot of people using xsl:copy-of, but your boy is out here repping the simple life, xsl:value-of so let's look at that. I kept my file at the root of the E drive, so my statement looks like this:

<xsl:value-of select="document('file:///e:/test.xml')"/>

Let's assume we're already familiar with select statements. Inside of the document() method, note the forward slashes in the address there. If you don't know this already, you're looking at a URI, the absolute path to this file. Simply just fill in where you've put the file on the machine, and of course reverse the slashes. Related concept is relative path so look that up if you're curious. The other part of this document() method is where the other argument would go, which is where the magic happens. Left as it is above, this statement will access the base node, meaning you'd get all of my XML content above: "Universe Evan leave me alone Have a good weekend!". While we could conceivably parse this downstream, we probably want to do as much as we can within Marquee, so what does the node argument look like?

<xsl:value-of select="document('file:///e:/test.xml')/note/to"/>
    The second argument /note/to would retrieve Universe from my XML above. 

<xsl:value-of select="document('file:///e:/test.xml')/note/to/from"/>

This would retrieve Evan, and so on.

Take special care of the notation here. Depending on your template, you'll have to do more or less work to get this matching. The above assumes a basic template of <xsl:template match="/"> so you just need the leading slashes in the second argument, as I have done.

Again, super basic and probably obvious to the real devs here, but I hope this someday helps another wayward analyst who, like me, screamed into the void of his own shortcomings and received naught but an echo. Feel free to reach out to me in DM or in this thread here with any questions on this. I will try to keep the torch burning for you.

In the meantime, Genesys: it would be really great to give us babies an interface for custom statistics, or give us an out of the box way of adding custom data in the ininStatKeys. Most people will just take your XML output and make their own thing, but this would be a lot simpler and wouldn't require development resources to maintain.

Evan Doherty

• 3.  RE: Marquee Custom fields from DB

Posted 02-04-2020 08:49
    Just curious, but what stats are you looking for that are not included in the statkeys?

Sean Walls

• 4.  RE: Marquee Custom fields from DB

Posted 02-04-2020 11:41
    Edited by Evan Doherty 02-04-2020 11:43

Well, initially we wanted to be able to get like a breakdown of skills for each campaign, so like for example since Marquee doesn't seem particularly suited for individual agent stats, and call counts and handle time per agent are some things we can easily get out of the database. What's more, we could break those down by individual teams. So, really we'd just want to be able to filter in the results of such queries without having to make changes to the statkeys on the per-user level and re-upload that stat package.

Also, with the refreshes and everything loading in to frames, we just want to be able to add some interactivity for users that are interacting with the page on their desktops, not just wallboards. So being able to click in to a given campaign and seeing those record counts with a specific skill would be really great. We also do a lot of records sharing and giving access to the splits between pools of agents would be cool to report on directly through our Marquee pages.

Beyond that, we just have a lot of business reports that we've built up in SSMS that would provide interesting overlays to the stock data, so using the above method, we can pipe whatever we want from wherever we want and not have to make a separate website, and all the while still leveraging the basic statistic interface. 

Evan Doherty

• 5.  RE: Marquee Custom fields from DB

Posted 01-14-2021 03:49
    Hi @Evan Doherty,

I am a newbee on Marquee development.

Need your help please on how to customize and create custom statistics report via Marquee.

Is there a documentation​ you can share with us please?

Thanks in Advance.

Franz

Franz Jerome De Guzman
    Nexus Technologies, Inc.

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources