PureConnect

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  automatically status change

Posted 10-10-2019 11:28

Hello Genesys 

Is it possible to automatically change status when making outbound call in interaction connect ?

Thanks

#Outbound

------------------------------
    David Maged

• 2.  RE: automatically status change

Posted 10-10-2019 11:35
    It is possible, but has to be done with Handler modifications, and, as I understand it, it is quite complex.

This has been at the top of the wishlist for at least 5 years, probably longer. This really should be a native function in the system, as it would only be logical that a call means your are busy.

Egill Palsson
    Advania AB

• 3.  RE: automatically status change

Posted 10-10-2019 14:15
    Edited by Micheal McComber 10-10-2019 14:15
    I have to agree with Egill on this.

We have a custom handler that looks at the table to see if the workgroup is listed for the status and ANI change.  
    If the workgroup is in the table it the handler grabs the agent's status before the call and holds that info. 
    then it changes the agents status to On Outbound Call and updates the Agents ANI to the number for that line of business
    When the call is over the agents status changes to followup for a period of time that is listed in the table. 
    After the time is up the agent's status is changed back to the pre outbound call status. 

This should be an out of the box item. I know we have put this on the ideas site. We are just waiting on them to roll this into the product

Micheal McComber
    Sutter Health

• 4.  RE: automatically status change

Posted 10-21-2019 01:27
    You can use personal rules, but it does not flip back.  Best option is custom handler though

ryan hedlund
    Stericycle

• 5.  RE: automatically status change

Posted 10-22-2019 10:06
    David,

Every customer I have ever supported has requested this functionality at some point. I've tried to create handlers for this over the years and it always ends in failure, the reason is because the logic gets really complicated once you start factoring in transfers. I believe my methodology has been flawed when I attempted this in the past. I think a better way to do this would be to create an add-in for Interaction Connect to handle the status change vs trying to get it to work in handlers. I don't have experience building plug-ins but I would suspect you could get someone with knowledge of plug-ins to do this pretty easily for you.

Thanks,

Mark Tatera
    ConvergeOne

Opinions are my own and not the views of my employer. Any suggestions or programming changes I suggest come with no warranty and should be tried at your own risk. If my comment helped you or solved your problem please consider marking my comment as best answer.

• 6.  RE: automatically status change

Posted 10-25-2019 11:32
    We have a transfer option as well a consult transfer in our handler and it works well. We do not park calls so we never ran into that scenario.
    But again this should be out of the box functionality vs a custom handler

Micheal McComber
    Sutter Health

• 7.  RE: automatically status change

Posted 10-23-2019 08:54
    It is definitely possible.   What is difficult to deal with all of the different scenarios around the exceptions.  What happens if the call is consult transferred?  Parked on another queue?  The agent makes a 2nd call?  Or receives an inbound call?  There is a lot to consider.  Avtex has created a status changer handler package for non-ACD related calls.  It has been around since 2007 but still gets tweaked every once in a while as users find new ways to do things in the system.

Steve Owen
    Avtex Solutions, LLC

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources