PureConnect

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  ChatBot integrations

Posted 04-23-2020 06:31
    Hello team,

My first post in community :D

Wish you all are doing fine

My question is about bot integration with PureConnect.
    Our PureConnect works very well with voice and chats, but now we need to add bot functionality to our digital channels.
    I do not have any experiance with that so I started from docs and I undesrtood that most reach functionality we can get with genesys intelligent automation.

In the following doc I found prerequisites for deploy bots with PureConnect on premise:

Chatbots

• Intelligent Automation v9.0.105 or higher
    • PureConnect 2018R4 or higher
    • Bot Messaging Service
    • Genesys Widgets
    • Dialog Engine or third party such as Google Dialogflow

But I can't find any mentions about Bot Messaging Service. What it's responsible for. It's my first question.
    The second question is why we need bot Dialog Engine or third party such as Google Dialogflow and GIA. I thought that bot logic would be implemetned on GIA on premises, so why would we need third-party Dialog Engine?

https://docs.genesys.com/Documentation/GAAP/latest/iaBots/Prerequisites
    #ArchitectureandDesign

------------------------------
    Anton Karelin
    Jet Infosystems

• 2.  RE: ChatBot integrations

GENESYS
    Posted 04-24-2020 11:24

Hello Anton,

Welcome to the Community!  I wanted to provide two links to some PureConnect documentation related to using bots and GIA, in case you were not aware of these. They may link back to the document you were looking at.

I think these documents will answer your second question, but to be honest, I'm not sure about your first question. I also do not find that phrase "Bot Messaging Service" anywhere else. I'll follow up on that, unless someone else can comment and clarify with an answer in the meantime. 

Best regards,
    Kevin

Kevin Kuhns
    Senior Manager - Global IX

• 3.  RE: ChatBot integrations

Posted 04-24-2020 13:58
    Hello Kevin,

Thank you very much for your reponse,

Will try to go through this docs and find something

Anton Karelin
    Jet Infosystems

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources