PureConnect

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Search in email body.

Posted 03-13-2019 15:45
    Hi,

In the email list view in Interaction Desktop there is an upper bar to search. Does someone know if there is a way to run this search or perform some kind of search by words in the email body? (something similar as the search in outlook client)

Does someon run on some similar solution to this?..

Regards,
    #Unsure/Other

------------------------------
    Mauricio Olivera
    Isbel S.A.

• 2.  RE: Search in email body.

Posted 07-15-2019 19:31
    There's currently no way to search in the email body, like this. 

What are you trying to achieve? Why would agents want to search in the body of previous handled emails?
    Based upon your requirements, we can assist you in finding a better / alternative solution.

At 3Fiftynine impossible is just a challenge

We provide kick-ass products on top of Genesys platforms

• 3.  RE: Search in email body.

GENESYS
    Posted 07-16-2019 00:11
    Let's say an agent needs to verify whether he gave certain information to any customers via email over the past week - like a URL for example. How can the agent quickly find all of the emails he sent (or received...) that contain the specific URL (which could also be a less specific, contextual bit of info)?

For example, a support agent send out the wrong URL for a support document and they need to find all of the people who received the wrong information so they can provide an update. Can you please advise?

Mauricio's still the priority here so please answer him first. My question is not urgent.

Alexandria Hockeborn
    Genesys - Employees

• 4.  RE: Search in email body.

Posted 07-17-2019 04:51
    The only way I can think of to do anything like this is with a custom handler that would...for example write the body of the email to an Attribute and then add this attribute to Recorder.  This does work as far as I have tested it.  I am doing this with a similar scenario where the agents needed to be able to find information based on chat parameters.   Parameters were: emailaddress, phone and name of person starting chat.  I put this info in the Eic_Note attribute, and then had Recorder log this for all recordings.   It does work.  But then I am not sure what might happen if you have very long emails, but it might be worth the try if you really need this to work.

Egill Palsson
    Advania AB

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources