PureConnect

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Interaction Scripter for Connect - Callback behaviour Custom Script

Posted 06-11-2021 08:55
    Hi Guys

We are building a Custom Script for Interaction Connect, this is a Dialer Custom Script and we are having trouble with what seems to be a caching issue when Scheduling Callbacks.

We use a Custom number in each Callback and set the attribute IS_ATTR_SchedPhone.value to the number we wish to callback.

The issue is once we do the first Callback that number seems to be cached and even after resetting the Attribute value it always uses the first number which seems to have been cached.

Inspecting it from the browser the attribute is set to the new value but in the Database it is set to the first (cached) number.

Any help will be appreciated.

Kind Regards
    Stephen
    #Integrations
    #Outbound

------------------------------
    Stephen Collins
    Pivotal Data (Pty) Ltd

• 2.  RE: Interaction Scripter for Connect - Callback behaviour Custom Script

Posted 06-12-2021 02:13
    I have seen similar behavior under other circumstances.  Auto attendant in particular has this problem.  You are describing it as a caching problem.  I describe it as a subroutine problem.  It looks like a subroutine has local variables only so when a variable is set that is needed by a calling program that variable remains as a local variable and doesn't allow it to reset a global variable.  Handlers can and are created where updates to a local variable are not passed back to the calling program.  The handler subroutine initiator asks the question of whether or a variable is used locally or not.  My guess is there is a handler in the bowels of the system that is set such that it doesn't allow the variable to become global. 

The work around I found was to create a global variable then update it to the value you need it to be.  When you come back from whatever call you have made to the system then update the local variable with the value of the global variable.​  Essentially, overwrite the local variable.  The database update needs to use the global variable for consistency.

Hope that helps...
    Bryan

Bryan Lewis
    InfoMedia, Inc d/b/a Carenet

• 3.  RE: Interaction Scripter for Connect - Callback behaviour Custom Script

Posted 06-15-2021 01:40
    Bryan,

Please be careful when referring to "Global" variables. Whilst these do exist in Handlers, your description suggests that you are referring to something else entirely.

True Global variables exist across all instances of all handlers and can severely impact the performance of a system when used incorrectly. I believe, from your description, you are referring to parameters configured with their "Input-Only" checkbox de-selected.

All of this is covered in the Handler training from Beyond.

• 4.  RE: Interaction Scripter for Connect - Callback behaviour Custom Script

Posted 06-15-2021 01:42
    Stephen,

I am a little confused by your reference to "first callback" and so on. Are you setting up multiple callbacks (on different numbers)?

If you could expand on your description we may be able to assist.

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources