PureConnect

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  cps

Posted 10-10-2019 10:19
    ​Hi All,
    does someone know how many calls can CIC handle in a second ?
    For Example I have a CIC switchover pair with 2 Media Server.
    How many calls are possible in a second ?
    I have the information 1 Media is able to handle 480 sessions (in a second ? or minute ?..)
    And where to find that in the documentation ?
    best regards
    Horst​
    #DigitalChannels
    #Telephony

------------------------------
    Horst Eppich
    Boehringer Ingelheim GmbH

• 2.  RE: cps

Posted 10-10-2019 11:14
    Horst,

CPS capacity in PureConnect is very much dependent on the complexity of call flows and customizations AND system resourcing. The session licensing is simply simultaneous (overall capacity), there is no "per" rate involved with this metric.

Over the years, we have worked hard to determine maximum efficiencies in writing interaction flows and applications, it is a tricky playground. For example; Use of Interaction Attendant offers a easy to access and use tool for programming call flows. However, there is a price to pay for the ease of use and resource utilization overhead is higher than what you can do in handlers to provide the same flow or application.

If you must have thresholds identified, you'll need to work with a testing service, such as Cyara or TekVision. They can provide deep penetration into your flows and offer CPS rates that will stress the system. They will also provide performance analysis to determine how well PureConnect handles the load.

Hope that helps, thanks.

Chris Mayo
    Director, Technical Services
    Altivon

• 3.  RE: cps

Posted 10-11-2019 02:42

Hi Thanks so far,

Yes, understood that is not easy ,
    But is it not possible to name some numbers ?

In the Documentation I found each Media Server can handle  480 sessions.​
    Does that mean 480 calls in a second or in a minute ?

what is the maximin of Media Server I can connect to a switch over pair ?

Sure this can be influenced by system Resources and other things but my question more in a high level over view ?

Thanks
    Horst

Horst Eppich
    Boehringer Ingelheim GmbH

• 4.  RE: cps

Posted 10-11-2019 09:47
    Edited by Chris Mayo 10-11-2019 09:50
    The session counts for Media Server are simultaneous. That number has nothing to do with call per second, only the total calls connected at any given point in time.

While I am sure there is a theoretical limit to how many Media Servers can be connected, it has nothing to do with CPS limits and that "theoretical" number is likely very high.

There cannot be a "high level overview" for maximum calls per second. It simply doesn't work that way. Too many factors impact a system's ability to handle CPS load.
    • If you have a super simple IVR, e.g. one prompt and calls go to a receptionist with no other processing, it may be 30 CPS (just an example, not a real number).
    • If you have complexities, DB lookups, ACD processing, multiple on hold audio plays, etc. it may on support 10 CPS (just an example, not a real number).

Also, how many trunks will you have? For an ISDN PRI, if you have 300 channels you can't take more than 300 calls. Unless the call duration is super short, how could you maintain any high CPS rates?

We have spent many, many hours analyzing CPS performance and to maximize a system takes tons of testing and advanced programing. For our large customers, with very complex call flows, we were happy to hit 20 CPS and be able to maintain that rate for 10 minutes.

Chris Mayo
    Director, Technical Services
    Altivon

• 5.  RE: cps

Posted 10-11-2019 10:39
    Horst,

As Chris points out there is no exact number. I can say in my experience I've seen very similar numbers as Chris mentions for my customers. I think Genesys use to have a document out there which listed 20 CPS as max but I haven't seen it in a while, maybe they got rid of it. The other thing to note is if you are using Interaction Dialer on the server it will have it's own CPS limits and will play into your overall available inbound CPS. Have you tried running these questions past your VAR as the VAR should have someone on staff who can help you size the system and ensure you have the capacity for your estimated call volume. 

Maybe you could provide more details as to what you are doing or trying to ultimately get to and we can provide more assistance.

Thanks,

Mark Tatera
    ConvergeOne

Opinions are my own and not the views of my employer. Any suggestions or programming changes I suggest come with no warranty and should be tried at your own risk. If my comment helped you or solved your problem please consider marking my comment as best answer.

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources