PureConnect

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Communicating between servers using handlers in a PCI CaaS environment

Posted 01-24-2020 09:52
    Edited by Tyler Style 01-24-2020 09:55
    So I am trying to send a signal between two servers in a PCI CaaS environment, and coming up with no luck using tools such as the TCP File/IO tools due to the locked down nature of the environment.

I have a workable solution for inter-server handler "communication" - a handler is scheduled to check a CaaS network location for the existence of a file every 60s and if it finds one that triggers the processing - but that's both inelegant and resource intensive.

Does anyone have any thoughts on how else this could be accomplished without the file polling?  What I'd really like to do is use and HTTP REST request to a custom webservice, but that's not practical at this time.

(@ryan hedlund, your solution using remote handler calls won't work as the account it used was changed)

#Handlers

------------------------------
    Tyler Style
    Interactive Intelligence Engineer, WellCare Health Plans

• 2.  RE: Communicating between servers using handlers in a PCI CaaS environment

Posted 01-24-2020 10:15
    Tyler, Boom 
    If they changed that account / passwrod , IVR SYNC between the 4 IVR's uses that for replication.  IVR Validate that validates IVR's in SYNC uses it. Which is what I think was flagged for that account based on my convo with Lewis. This one is no biggie just gonna get an email every day at 5 am and 5 pm telling you your IVR's are not in sync.

Also all of the custom back ups uses that account.  And i think i built more for Well care using that account.  Better get Angel or Melody to call Hans   :) 

Good Luck

ryan hedlund
    Stericycle

• 3.  RE: Communicating between servers using handlers in a PCI CaaS environment

Posted 01-24-2020 10:23

Thanks for the info Ryan - we're definitely aware of the fall out from the account change, and follow ups are already in progress there.  Just looking for work arounds for now.

Tyler Style

• 4.  RE: Communicating between servers using handlers in a PCI CaaS environment

Posted 01-24-2020 10:38
    I just got off the phone with Lewis and told him what to do.

You can make a new account and just store it in a Structured parameter for the password so its no plain text.

Should take you a few hours to get the 1 master and I guess now 11 slave IVR's    when i built it was just the one master and 3 slaves IVR's.

Have fun with that  But even with sync broken its nice to have validate to not have to validate 12 IVR's manually.    

And for everyone watching this thread, this probably makes no sense   :).

ryan hedlund
    Stericycle

• 5.  RE: Communicating between servers using handlers in a PCI CaaS environment

Posted 01-30-2020 10:05
    Tyler,

I'm pretty sure the make external handler call tool step will use encryption in the communication between the 2 CIC servers. I've used this method plenty of times in a on prem environment with good success although as far as how secure it was did not come up back then.

Thanks,

Mark Tatera
    ConvergeOne

Opinions are my own and not the views of my employer. Any suggestions or programming changes I suggest come with no warranty and should be tried at your own risk. If my comment helped you or solved your problem please consider marking my comment as best answer.

• 6.  RE: Communicating between servers using handlers in a PCI CaaS environment

Posted 01-30-2020 10:23
    Thanks for the tip Mark.  Unfortunately the external handler call tool doesn't work on CaaS unless you use a Genesys master admin account, which we don't have access to.

Tyler Style

• 7.  RE: Communicating between servers using handlers in a PCI CaaS environment

Posted 01-30-2020 10:56
    Tyler,

I don't think you need the entire master admin rights in order to make the external handler call. Have you asked Genesys support what rights are needed to make an external handler call and if you can have an account set up with the correct rights? If I have some free time I will play around with it in my lab to see if I can figure out what rights are needed.

Thanks,

Mark Tatera
    ConvergeOne

Opinions are my own and not the views of my employer. Any suggestions or programming changes I suggest come with no warranty and should be tried at your own risk. If my comment helped you or solved your problem please consider marking my comment as best answer.

• 8.  RE: Communicating between servers using handlers in a PCI CaaS environment

Posted 01-30-2020 12:31
    Mark, I don't know exactly what rights are needed for the user account but I do know that my own account doesn't have them.  I did ask, but the response time from them for our unit is extremely slow.  We do have a request in similar to what you're suggesting, but again the time horizon is pretty long unfortunately.

Tyler Style

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources