PureConnect

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Test automation

Posted 12-06-2019 10:58
    Good morning community members,

Looking for a test automation tool for PureConnect, any suggestion/recommandation ?

Thanks in advance,

-Alain
    #Implementation

• 2.  RE: Test automation

Posted 12-06-2019 11:51
    Alain,

What specifically are you looking to test? For instance are you trying to do load testing or functionality testing, or maybe something completely different. I do have experience with 2 different products which I will outline below.

I've seen demos of a product named Hammer from Empirix. The company I worked for piloted it and it seemed to work pretty well but I ended up leaving the company before they moved forward with the full project. I believe they ended up getting it and it seemed to work well for them from what I heard. This product allows you to do regression testing of your IVR as well as can be set to do health tests. I think if you have the hosted platform you can schedule load testing but of course this would only be able to flood your IVR with call traffic.

Genesys has a product called SIP bulk call generator which can send a bunch of calls into your system as well. We had them stress test a system once and they ended up having another product which I don't know if it is available for purchase but it acted as the SIP endpoint for the agents so you could also simulate agents connected to the system. You would need to reach to your VAR to see if these products from Genesys are available for purchase or not.

------------------------------
    Mark Tatera
    ConvergeOne

Opinions are my own and not the views of my employer. Any suggestions or programming changes I suggest come with no warranty and should be tried at your own risk. If my comment helped you or solved your problem please consider marking my comment as best answer.

• 3.  RE: Test automation

Posted 12-06-2019 12:37
    Hi Mark,
    Our customer is looking for end-to-end testing and maybe eventually also load testing.
    I heard of Hammer before but never got the chance to give it a try.
    With your comments, I will surely take a look.
    Thanks for the quick reply, much appreciated.
    -Alain

• 4.  RE: Test automation

Posted 12-11-2019 16:53
    Look at Cyara or Cyclone. Full END to END is not really what is meant to do. More of IVR and routing checking.  But you build the scripts based on what you expect and it does Voice quality analysis and speech to text for prompts.  It can branch out and you can have it do speak by providing recordings or DTMF options.    

Cyclone is a bit less expensive and I think they are closing the GAP on Cyara as far as feature, look at 2 years ago and I would say Cyara was a far superior product.

ryan hedlund
    Stericycle

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources