PureConnect

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Capture caller DTMF while blocking dtmf to agent

Posted 02-10-2020 10:56
    Hello all. 
    I am exploring an option brought up by some customer asks. Below is a high level summary of the ask. I am hoping someone has come close to or is doing this today. Anyway any input would be greatly appreciated.

Ask:
    Once the caller connects to an agent there may be some sensitive information that is needed to collect. Easiest example would be a credit card number. What we are exploring is a way to allow the customer to input their card number via DTMF and have it added to the system while being live with the agent. However we don't want to agent to hear the DTMF.

From what I have seen the closest I have found was the agent sending the caller to a secure IVR session to collect the digits and then they are returned to the agent. While that may end up being the go to I am curious if anyone has done something like the ask without the involvement of the IVR.

More than happy to provide more info if I was not clear enough.

Thanks
    #Handlers
    #Security
    #SIP/VolP
    #Telephony

------------------------------
    Nate Bennett

• 2.  RE: Capture caller DTMF while blocking dtmf to agent

Posted 02-10-2020 11:08
    I can't give advice on how to execute this, but there are several Genesys partners in the appfoundry who offer this exact service in various flavors.  Semafone, PCI Pal, Cardeasy...just to name a few.  May be cost effective in your case, may not be...

AARON LAEL
    State of Utah

• 3.  RE: Capture caller DTMF while blocking dtmf to agent

Posted 02-10-2020 14:31
    Edited by Nate Bennett 02-10-2020 19:06

Aaron – Thanks for the info. I will look into those services you mentioned. They may very well have the solutions for us.

• 4.  RE: Capture caller DTMF while blocking dtmf to agent

Posted 02-10-2020 18:56
    HI,

With respect, what you are attempting to do pretty much is the definition of a Secure IVR, Why re-invent the wheel?

• 5.  RE: Capture caller DTMF while blocking dtmf to agent

Posted 02-10-2020 19:12
    While I would 100% agree with you there are some things PureConnect does not directly allow to be done. Either through design intention or for control. Take simply SIP header manipulation. They don't want you mucking about with the headers and only allow for a few choice ones to be used. Same principle here. I believe Aaron has connected me with the functionality I am looking for all be it from a 3rd party. It is not re-inventing the wheel. Genesys offers the 16 inch rim and I am looking for a 24 inch.   LOL

Maybe down the road Genesys will crack open some of the low level geek items for customizing. :)

Nate Bennett

• 6.  RE: Capture caller DTMF while blocking dtmf to agent

Posted 02-11-2020 10:29
    Nate,

We are sort of hijacking this thread but wanted to give a little more info about messing with the SIP header. You can get real crazy with the SIP headers of course you have to hack apart a system handler. If you open System_Initiate_CallRequest there is a tool step called Complete external call (extended) with a input parameter called Custom Headers. I added a string value in here and it is added into the SIP header. This is different than the SIP line headers you can add from the line configuration. For whatever reason there is no customization point in this subroutine and furthermore the string sCustomHeaders is not being used anywhere in the handler. I never ended up using my customization as my customer ended up changing gears and tried something else but figured I would point out that the developers have a customization for this but there is no true customization point in the subroutine to use this.

Thanks,

Mark Tatera
    ConvergeOne

Opinions are my own and not the views of my employer. Any suggestions or programming changes I suggest come with no warranty and should be tried at your own risk. If my comment helped you or solved your problem please consider marking my comment as best answer.

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources