PureConnect

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Time Off Request synching

Posted 06-11-2021 16:18
    Is there an *easy* way to update/sync Time Off balances?

We are going to begin allowing our agents to request time off using Time Off Requests in the system. Yay, self serve!  However, is there an easy way to update agent time off balances?  I know Optimizer will get out of sync with the time reporting system (a manager applies Time Off in the payroll system but doesn't tell WFM etc).  If I get the time off balances from the time reporting system, is there an easy way to load that into Optimizer?

I have tried updating the IO_AgentAccrual table in the database, but that doesn't update the front end.  It looks like the system just WRITES to that table and doesn't READ from that table.  So updating the database isn't going to do it.

I have looked at the IceLib API, but I don't see anything in there that relates to Time Off.  I also looked at ICWS, and it looks like that may include a method to READ the time off accruals, but not WRITE to them.

Thanks for any help!
    Kenn
    #ArchitectureandDesign
    #SystemAdministration
    #WEM/Optimizer

------------------------------
    Kenn Lambing
    OHIOHEALTH

• 2.  RE: Time Off Request synching

Posted 06-14-2021 13:17
    Honestly this is an issue in all workforce management systems. We've made it a point to put the onus on the agents and or supervisors. 
    1. Remind them that whatever they put in the time reporting system must match what is in the WFM system. So if they need to update WFM if the actual time entered after the event is different that what was originally requested. 
    2. Put out a disclaimer that it is their responsibility to ensure they have the time off accrued or will have the time off before submitting a request. That the time reporting system is the official record and having approved time off in WFM does not guarantee they will have time off available to be paid etc. 

We typically only did a true up at the beginning of each year, unless it was brought to our attention that someone was way out of balance.

Brad Goff
    Palo Alto Networks, Inc.

• 3.  RE: Time Off Request synching

Posted 06-14-2021 14:41
    It surely is a training issue to make sure they inform us.  However, we know it's going to happen that the two don't align.  So I would like an easy way to update Optimizer with the corrected values.  Or even in a yearly audit, I would prefer not to have to touch 200+ reps to re-align them.

It's a pretty crumby process to have the associate see 8 hours of vacation available in Interaction Connect so we schedule it, only for them to find out they didn't have any time remaining in the time keeping system when they go to submit their timesheet.

If we tell them to 'look at your balance in the time reporting system' it defeats the purpose of even showing it to them in the system.  At that rate, why even load balances, just let everyone schedule what they want and they can figure it out when it comes time to submit their weekly timesheet.

Kenn Lambing
    OHIOHEALTH

• 4.  RE: Time Off Request synching
    Best Answer

Posted 06-15-2021 09:21
    OK.  I cracked the code!  When updating the IO_AgentAccrual database table, you have to increment the 'Version' field for it to flow thru to the front end.

So, it can be auto-magically updated without manually touching 300 associates.

Kenn Lambing
    OHIOHEALTH

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources