PureConnect

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  CIC iTTS says 'Doctor' instead of 'Drive'

Posted 03-05-2021 12:30
    I am looking at remediating some of the opportunities within our IVR implementation and we have switched from using Nuance TTS to the inhouse iTTS functionality.  I cannot confirm if this behaviour existed in the Nuance implementation, but our parcel lookup currently says 'Doctor' instead of drive.

Is this a global setting or something i would need to handle within each handler?  Any guidance or documentation is greatly appreciated.
    #AskMeAnything(AMA)
    #Handlers
    #QualityManagement

------------------------------
    Christopher Becker
    State of Michigan - Oakland County - WRC

• 2.  RE: CIC iTTS says 'Doctor' instead of 'Drive'

Posted 03-05-2021 13:09
    If you look in the TTS TR doc on page 11, it refers to the "say-as" capabilities of iTTS (I use nuance, so I don't have direct experience using this with iTTS) which includes "address" which should resolve "dr" being interpreted as "doctor" instead of "drive" in address readback.

AARON LAEL
    State of Utah

• 3.  RE: CIC iTTS says 'Doctor' instead of 'Drive'

Posted 03-05-2021 17:46
    Thank you for the feedback. I have read that document, but was not clear on how it specifies the use of the attributes.  I know the segment in my interactive designer where the attribute 'should' go, but not sure. it currently has 'TTSPropertyAddress', which i assume if the Nuance equivlant, as shown below:

If i read the correct, i would replace the nuance string with the following '<say‑asinterpret‑as="address">'  

sorry for throwing my lack of understanding out there.

Christopher Becker
    State of Michigan - Oakland County - WRC

• 4.  RE: CIC iTTS says 'Doctor' instead of 'Drive'

Posted 03-09-2021 09:40
    When I use handler tools to do this, I just build my text inputs as SSML so that I can specify voice, prosidy, consistently.  I'm not certain if this works in the audio sequence method you are using, though.

AARON LAEL
    State of Utah

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources