PureConnect

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Are there any logs that show the true ANI of an incoming call that used *67 to block their number

Posted 03-26-2020 12:11
    Are there any logs that show the true ANI of an incoming call that used *67 to block their number ?
    Would any of the ININ logs on the ICServer have this detail ?

Everytime there is a RemoteID, or RemoteName, or ANI on the interaction, it is displayed as "sip:<domain>.com"  

We had a crank call come into our call center through an 800 number, but we thought *67 didn't work on incoming calls to a toll free number.

If no "true" ANI is coming through, there is also no way for us to block this from happening ?

Thanks in advance for any advice,

-Bill
    #SystemAdministration
    #Telephony

------------------------------
    William Wyszomirski
    Excellus Health Plan Inc

• 2.  RE: Are there any logs that show the true ANI of an incoming call that used *67 to block their number

Posted 03-27-2020 08:12
    I can't speak for carrier star codes, but I've always used a quick handler app to block inbound calls from specific ANIs. But this only helps if the ANI isn't blocked... and if it isn't randomly changed for each spam call.

That said, the SIP line can be configured to use the numeric portion of the SIP ANI instead of the entire SIP address. In fact it does this by default for SIP lines created in current versions of PureConnect. This value can then be see in the Call Log as the ANI and in the Eic_RemoteTn attribute (if I remember correctly).

David Currier
    cpi.solutions

• 3.  RE: Are there any logs that show the true ANI of an incoming call that used *67 to block their number

GENESYS
    Posted 03-29-2020 12:00
    David is correct.  And that setting will log things a bit different and make things easier to track in the logs and other call attributes.

However, it really depends on the data that the PureConnect system gets from the carrier in this scenario.  Increasing TsServer, Notifier, and IP should cover your bases in tracking this down in the logging specifically.  But if the real ANI is stripped by the carrier before getting sent to your system, no amount of logging will be able to answer your question.

You may want to capture one of these in the logs, confirm if the ANI comes into TsServer, and if not reach out to your carrier for assistance or confirmation if they are indeed stripping the ANI.

I hope this helps!

• 4.  RE: Are there any logs that show the true ANI of an incoming call that used *67 to block their number

Posted 03-30-2020 10:49
    Thanks Trent, 
    I think that's what I was trying to figure out.
    "IF" the true ANI was going to be found in the server logs, which server log would it most likely be found in.
    Since I have the exact time it came into the call center, I'd be able to narrow down the section of log that would have any useful info. 

Thanks again.

William Wyszomirski
    Excellus Health Plan Inc

• 5.  RE: Are there any logs that show the true ANI of an incoming call that used *67 to block their number

Posted 03-30-2020 10:57
    I'm making a couple of assumptions with this answer:
    • These are legacy PRI circuits we're talking about
    • They are terminated in a SIP gateway of some kind

PureConnect only is aware of and cares about the SIP INVITE that it receives from the gateway. It is entirely unaware of the actual circuits. The gateway controls how the ISDN Setup message is translated to a SIP INVITE to send to the server. To see the "actual" ANI of the call, you will need to watch the ISDN messaging on the gateway. Assuming a Cisco router, something like "debug isdn q931" should do the trick. You can compare what is being sent to PureConnect by also enabling a SIP debug "debug ccsip messages"

David Currier
    cpi.solutions

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources