PureConnect

View Only
Discussion Thread View
Expand all | Collapse all

PureConnect Default SIP Communication Port

• 1.  PureConnect Default SIP Communication Port

Posted 08-26-2021 06:32
    Hi all,

Recently we tested our own soft phone on pure connect 2021, we configured the phone to provision to server using port 8060, the phone can provisioned successfully.

From IA, we can see that the SIP address of the softphone is sip:xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:8060.

After that, we login interaction desktop with the soft phone for testing, found that e.g. inbound call, from interaction desktop press pick up button, call cannot be picked, but from the Softphone press pick up, call can be picked without problem.

After investigating the SIP engine log, we found that if pressing pick up from interaction desktop, CIC server tried to use port 5060 to notify the soft phone to pick up the call.

I really don't know why CIC server goes for 5060 instead of 8060, does any one know can I configure the server using port 8060 for my softphone communication only?

Any suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks
    Frankie
    #SIP/VolP

------------------------------
    Frankie Tsang
    Continuous Technologies International Limited

• 2.  RE: PureConnect Default SIP Communication Port

Posted 08-26-2021 12:46
    I believe you will find that the server listens on 8060, but the stations on Port 5060 (which is what should be showing in the connection.)

So SIP from Station to Server goes from 5060 to 8060 and from Server to Station goes from 8060 to 5060.

HTH

• 3.  RE: PureConnect Default SIP Communication Port

Posted 08-27-2021 00:11
    Hi Paul,

Thanks for reply. What I would expect is IC server using port 8060 to send SIP signal to my softphone, as the SIP address appears in IA is softphone:8060. However, we found that even the sip address port is 8060, IC server still try to send signal using port 5060.

Is there any chance to ask IC server to send out SIP signal to IP phone with port 8060 or other port?

Frankie Tsang

• 4.  RE: PureConnect Default SIP Communication Port

Posted 08-27-2021 00:33
    That's odd. That isn't what my system shows (in fact, it doesn't show a port because it's using the default, 5060.)

Try opening the Managed IP Phone object and checking out the "Options" tab. This shows the configuration for the SIP receive port on the phone. I just updated one on my system to 8060 and it now shows as registering on port 8060 (as you describe.) I would need to install Wireshark to check which ports are actually being used - I will do that later if I get a chance.

• 5.  RE: PureConnect Default SIP Communication Port

Posted 08-29-2021 01:18
    Hi Paul,

Yes. If you look at the SIP engine log, you should notice that CIC try to locate the phone using port 8060, but after that, all SIP signaling will go through port 5060 to IP phone.

Seems there is no way to force CIC uses other ports to communicate with IP phone.

Thanks, Frankie

Frankie Tsang

• 6.  RE: PureConnect Default SIP Communication Port

Posted 08-29-2021 01:22
    For more information, I am using softphone, not IP phone. I provisioned my softphone as standalone station, so from IA, the SIP address will show port no. I guess this is the difference from yours.

Frankie Tsang

• 7.  RE: PureConnect Default SIP Communication Port

Posted 08-31-2021 14:35
    No, I'm using the Softphone as well and Workstation / Stand Alone phone shouldn't affect this.

Did you verify what is set up in the Managed IP Phone object?

• 8.  RE: PureConnect Default SIP Communication Port

Posted 09-01-2021 01:46
    Hi Paul,

There is no managed Ip phone object related to the softphone. We are using third party softphone, not Genesys one.
    Now the workaround is using port 8060 for provisioning/registering, and using port 5060 for all other SIP event signaling.
    Just wondering if we can configure the IC server to use port 8060 for the entire SIP traffic.

Frankie Tsang

• 9.  RE: PureConnect Default SIP Communication Port

Posted 09-01-2021 17:32
    Ahhh! That was the missing piece of information! You didn't mention you were using a 3rd party SoftPhone.

In this case, it will behave just like any un-managed phone. I'm not sure if you can use 8060 since that is reserved for use by the Managed IP Phone system.

Usually, for un-managed phones, you just create a Registration line (most people use 5060) to allow the stations to register on that port.

HTH

• 10.  RE: PureConnect Default SIP Communication Port

Posted 09-03-2021 02:04
    Yes. I'm not sure too. Therefore I opened a support case to Genesys, see how they reply.
    Thanks for your time to help.

Frankie Tsang

• 11.  RE: PureConnect Default SIP Communication Port

Posted 09-04-2021 06:16
    Hi Frankie,

Are you trying with the usb headset while you pick up the calls from Interaction Desktop? And what type of error Interaction Desktop throws? There should be  a red circle with exclamation next to the call on the Interaction desktop and once you hover that error you will see the details.

Best Regard

Cenk Gündüz
    CTCOMM

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources