PureConnect

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  No alert pop up when receiving call on sip softphone

Posted 07-28-2021 23:25
    Hello,

Every time a user receives a call on interaction desktop using sip softphone, the call shows up on interaction desktop but the user never gets a pop alert like other agents do. I checked the user client configuration everything looks fine. Any suggestions why the popup on the screen doesn't pop up when receiving a interaction desktop call?
    #Telephony

------------------------------
    Horacio Gutierrez
    California Department of Insurance

• 2.  RE: No alert pop up when receiving call on sip softphone

Posted 07-29-2021 12:11

Hi there Horacio - I've seen this before but wasn't not able to exactly know why it was happening.  I was able to resolve the issue by creating a new Managed IP Phone (MIPP) for the user, with a new name.  If I deleted the MIPP and created a new one with the same name the issue persisted.  Due to this I assume the root issue lies in the registry somewhere.

In our SIP environment, we create a USER and a MIPP that is named the same as the users Active Directory ID.  So, User=ADID and MIPP=ADID.  To resolve the User profile was untouched and a new MIPP created and named something along the lines of ADID_v2.

Raymond Hicks
    Sutter Health

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources