PureConnect

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Chat session is lost when moving accross web pages

Posted 09-09-2019 17:25
    Hi,

We have an implementation of webchat with IWT.
    When you have an open chat ssesion from a webchat to the contact center (agent) and you move to another webpage (clicking a link in a webpage), basically the customer navigate in the webpage (nothing strange) the chat session is lost.
    This was implemented in the webpage using an iframe, but i have notice that if you have an open chat session and you refresh the page the chat is also lost!!!...

This does not seems right. All modern webchat solution identify you as the customer by your session and even if you refresh, close o move to another page, the chat session mantains open.

Has anyone face this problem???

Regards,
    #Unsure/Other

• 2.  RE: Chat session is lost when moving accross web pages

Posted 09-10-2019 08:38
    Edited by Paul Simpson 09-10-2019 08:38
    Not neccessarily the best solution, or the desired one, but have you tried opening the chat in a new window?
    I suspect the problem is that the iFrame is not carrying over the neccessary session information when it re-loads on the new page. Others may have a solution to this.

------------------------------
    Paul Simpson
    Senior Technical Instructor

• 3.  RE: Chat session is lost when moving accross web pages

Posted 09-12-2019 12:14
    This requires some heavy customizations (you also have some edge cases around duplicating or opening new tabs with the same page).
    We've created our own chat widget, which takes care of all these cases and ensure you can continue the chat going to multiple pages, multiple tabs and even when you accidentally close the tab (and re-open it).

I know this won't help you with an out-of-the-box solution, but we've managed to solve it and productized it.

At 3Fiftynine impossible is just a challenge

We provide kick-ass products on top of Genesys platforms

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources