PureConnect

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Call Monitor initiator fires multiple Disconnected events

Posted 10-14-2019 21:34

I have a handler with Call Monitor initiator (object = {all}, notification event = {all}) - when placing an outbound call it seems to be firing once for each interaction state but once I disconnect the call, it fires 3 times for the Disconnected state. Does anyone know why that is?

Another question I have is that when I select a particular event, it does not fire at all, but if I select {all}, it fires just fine for all of them. How come?

The system we are on is 2017 R1.

Thank you in advance for any help!

#Handlers
    #Implementation
    #Telephony

------------------------------
    Ivan Sazonov
    UMA Education, Inc.

• 2.  RE: Call Monitor initiator fires multiple Disconnected events

Posted 10-17-2019 10:44
    Ivan,

Lets back up for a second, what are you trying to accomplish. There are a bunch of customization points dealing with call initialization, connection, and disconnection. Normally when I write customiztions to interact with calls I will put it in the customization point instead of trying to use the initiators. Note that you are not supposed to have 2 initiators with the same configuration as its supposed to cause problems.

Thanks,

Mark Tatera
    ConvergeOne

Opinions are my own and not the views of my employer. Any suggestions or programming changes I suggest come with no warranty and should be tried at your own risk. If my comment helped you or solved your problem please consider marking my comment as best answer.

• 3.  RE: Call Monitor initiator fires multiple Disconnected events

Posted 10-17-2019 18:47
    Mark,

When it comes to Primary Handlers, you are sort-of correct. It doesn't cause problems, exactly, it's just that the second Handler will replace the first one, so the stock functionality will be removed.

You can, however, publish a Monitor handler, which cannot interact with the interaction, but can do other background tasks. You can have multiple Monitor handlers (in addition to a Primary handler) for any given initiator

Ivan,

Sadly, I am not sure what is causing your issue.

• 4.  RE: Call Monitor initiator fires multiple Disconnected events

Posted 10-18-2019 09:42
    Paul,

Thanks for refreshing my memory on what happens when you publish another handler with the same initiator as one that already exists in the system. I think there is also a message written to the event log on publish that indicates 2 handlers share the same initiator.

Ivan,

The disconnect monitor fires off for each SIP leg of a call. So for instance if a customer calls in and the call connects to an agent when that call ends you will see the initiator fire off twice, once for the leg of the call from the customer to the server and a second time from the server to the agent phone.

Thanks,

Thanks,

Mark Tatera
    ConvergeOne

Opinions are my own and not the views of my employer. Any suggestions or programming changes I suggest come with no warranty and should be tried at your own risk. If my comment helped you or solved your problem please consider marking my comment as best answer.

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources