PureConnect

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Play audio file for backend webservice

Posted 02-12-2021 17:25
    Team,

We are doing a backend data dip, using soap based webservice. The response is coming back in 2 secs. The Audio file is playing (that is background music, Business requires us to play that while the backend records are being fetched) for the entire 45 seconds, it is not getting cut off when the webservice returns.

We are using the "Play Audio File" step with the following parameters.

Immediate mode : true
    skip amount is : 15 secs

We are also using "Flush Audio" step. 

Can you please help.
    #Handlers

------------------------------
    Harish Atreya
    HF Management Services, LLC

• 2.  RE: Play audio file for backend webservice

Posted 02-18-2021 09:46
    Hello Harish,

Do you have the possibility to share with us the handler itself? Maybe some screenshots? Without them it will be a hard one to crack.

Dieter Wijnen
    Telenet BVBA

• 3.  RE: Play audio file for backend webservice

Posted 02-18-2021 10:39
    Dieter,

Thanks for responding. I cannot share the Handler code due to intellectual rights. 

What I am trying to solve is how to stop the wav file from playing when the webservice returns back. We could not do that with the "Play Audio File" Step.

We did find a work around using Telephony tool step "Hold" to place a call on hold before we hit the webservice and once webservice returns back we use the "PickUp" This Telephony tool picks up a call that is on hold.

Ideally we would like to use the  "Play Audio File", the issue is that "Play Audio File" step plays the wav file completely for 45 secs and then it goes and executes the webservice. Instead of doing that in parallel and then once the webservice comes back, stop the wav file from playing.

Harish Atreya

• 4.  RE: Play audio file for backend webservice

Posted 02-18-2021 10:52
    Hello Harish,

Correct, steps in a single handler are executed after each other and not in parallel. I solved this issue as followed in the past:
    - Created a handler that transfers the call to a queue. The queue was configured to play waiting music.
    - Once the call is transferred into the queue, send a custom notification to start a handler that calls the external API.
    - When feedback was received, we pulled the call out of the queue and executed all remaining steps in the handler.  

Using the queue provided some advantages, for example setting an alert on the queue when the waiting time was too high, which indicated a slow response from the API service, or that you can differentiate the music per queue.

Dieter Wijnen
    Telenet BVBA

• 5.  RE: Play audio file for backend webservice

Posted 02-18-2021 17:51
    Dieter,

Thanks for the detailed steps. I had 2 additional questions.

1) Once the call is transferred into the queue, how to send a custom notification to start handler which calls the API ? 
     2) How do you pull the call out of the queue ? I have never done this, I have only placed the calls into the queue !?

Thanks
    Harish

Harish Atreya

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources