PureConnect

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  IC service doesn't work on backup server

Posted 12-18-2021 14:45
    I am facing an issue with the backup server. I configured it correctly and it worked without any issues, but today when I checked the backup server I found the IC service was not working, so I restarted the whole server and run IC startup app, but that failed. Upon looking at the dseditu.exe file, I noticed that there are a lot of differences in the configuration between the primary and backup servers. I think that's happened because I wasn't checking the backup server, so I need your advice on how to proceed in this case. If I migrate all primary server configurations, then reinstall the backup server with import primary server configuration, will this solve the problem, or is there anything else I may need to do?
    #ArchitectureandDesign

------------------------------
    Mohannad haddad
    Fourth Dimension Systems Company

• 2.  RE: IC service doesn't work on backup server

GENESYS
    Posted 12-19-2021 01:14
    Do you happen to have a backup image from when that server was last know to be working?  If not, you could reinstall (new server, same name and IP) run fresh install, setup assistant to bring up as backup to the original primary server.  [The problem server is "Switcher server B" according the the server parameters, is that correct?]. After running setup assistant to establish a switchover pair, the config will replicate from primary to backup.  There are some server specific config you will still need to configure (like trusting certs for Media Servers and RCS servers.  I think mail server config may also need to be done.
    If using perpetual license with new server hardware, the HOSTID might be different, in which case you need to regenerate your license.

Drew Drew Bisson
    Chief Architect
    Genesys - Employees

• 3.  RE: IC service doesn't work on backup server

Posted 12-21-2021 17:25
    Thanks for your valuable INFO

Mohannad haddad

• 4.  RE: IC service doesn't work on backup server

Posted 12-19-2021 06:00
    Switchover issue , you will need to check your switchover config , most probably switchover issues like this
    1- License file issue
    2- Host Id or Computer name changed
    3- Network Adapter issue , or NIC name changed 

Also you can do the following to make sure if it is related to siwtchover or server issue:

Disable the switchover on bvackup server and try to get the service up again.

To Disable switchover:

disable Switchover in these specific xIC versions: change the value of the "Active" entry within the following registry key from a 1 (enabled) to 0 (disabled).

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Interaction Center\ProcessTree\Level3\SwitchoverService

Thanks, 
    Aly Nofal
    Genesys Team Lead , ISTnetworks.

Aly Nofal
    Team Lead System Engineer
    IST Integration Services And Technologies Co.

• 5.  RE: IC service doesn't work on backup server

Posted 12-21-2021 17:24
    Thank you for offering your valuable INFO

Mohannad haddad

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources