PureConnect

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  911 Not

Posted 10-22-2020 13:39
    Edited by Christian Belli 10-22-2020 13:42
    ​I was asked by my company to set up a notification to place a call to our guards desk if someone within or organization dials 911.  I believe an email or a text message would also be acceptable.  Is there an easy way to achieve this?

Thank You,
    -Christian
    #Telephony

------------------------------
    Christian Belli
    Dollar Bank, FSB

• 2.  RE: 911 Not

Posted 10-22-2020 14:36
    Hi Christian,

having an E-mail notification go out when 911 is called is very easy to setup. Find out what your are classifying your 911 calls as; in our system we have these classified as Emergency. You will want to go to the Mange Classifications  which is found in IA --> Phone Numbers --> Configuration --> Manage Classifications. 

If that classification has a Category of Emergency you will have an option to setup alert. You can only put in workgroups/Users who are configured in I3 so if you are going to want people not in I3, you will need to create a dummy user. For us i created a User called Emergency Notification and pointed it to an E-mail Distro group we have in Exchange, since not all our people were in I3.

Thank you,
     Scott

Scott Williams
    Missouri Higher Education Loan Authority

• 3.  RE: 911 Not

Posted 10-22-2020 14:47
    Thanks Scott.  I did find the Emergency Classification ​and where to setup the Alert.  We do not use email with I3 so, I'm assuming the system will not be able to send out an email when a call is made to 911.  I did add some users to receive the notification and will test it out tomorrow.  Do you know what will show in the Client when a call is made to 911?

Thanks,
    -Christian

Christian Belli
    Dollar Bank, FSB

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources