PureConnect

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Changes to Existing Data Model?

GENESYS
    Posted 09-24-2019 12:54
    Over the past few years I've heard things may start to move towards a more Event Driven data model.  I see this has happened in 2019 R3 with the Event Level IVR data now present in the PureConnect DB.  It was also explained this may be akin to taking messages from Notifier on all sorts of events and logging it to the DB.

Is this still the case?
    And if so, would that mean that Agent Level Skill data/performance could be reported on?
    #Ask Me Anything (AMA)

• 2.  RE: Changes to Existing Data Model?

GENESYS
    Posted 09-24-2019 13:07
    Yes, it is true that we are moving towards an event-driven data model, but it will be implemented differently than we had originally planned.  The new IVR data is detail level data driven by IVR activity in handlers.  It is stored in new tables in SQL Server (no Oracle support as of yet).

What we will do going forward is send PureConnect data to the Genesys Cloud for consumption by cloud-based AI services.  We have built a new conduit subsystem that listens to interesting Notifier messages, transforms them to our common cloud data model (not publicly published yet - since I know you will ask that ;) and then sends them to Genesys Cloud.  We are starting with Conversation events (Interactions in PureConnect-speak).  We will then add other events that support new WEM (Workforce Engagement Management services)

We won't be building a PureConnect-specific data pipeline as originally planned.  Yes, this will require a hybrid deployment for premise customers.

------------------------------
    Greg Cole
    Genesys - Employees

• 3.  RE: Changes to Existing Data Model?

GENESYS
    Posted 09-24-2019 13:16
    You know me too well, my friend.  I would have definitely asked for access or implementation instructions. ;-)

That said, sounds exciting to me.  As long as I can get to it, the product-specific is secondary.  Thanks for the info!

• 4.  RE: Changes to Existing Data Model?

GENESYS
    Posted 09-24-2019 13:27
    Thanks, Trent.  I'd also like to add that the means for general consumption of the data sent to Genesys Cloud has not yet been worked out.  Data access will most likely be in the form of APIs, but the scoping of that work has not yet started.

Greg Cole
    Genesys - Employees

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources