PureConnect

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Copy caller number to clipboard in action

Posted 12-18-2020 05:29

Our customers have the task of searching multiple applications by caller's phone number for each incoming call.
    They just want to be able to insert the phone number into the clipboard instead of popping up application automatically.

I found the Windows clip command.
    I think that it can be easily by executing the following command in the DDE action.

Command
     echo $ (Eic_RemoteId) | clip

However, I don't know the setting of DDE action.

Is there anyone using it this way?

#Implementation

------------------------------
    Yusuke Higashino
    Itochu Techno-Solutions Corporation(CTC)

• 2.  RE: Copy caller number to clipboard in action

Posted 12-18-2020 09:12

Are you planning to set up a button to do this or try to use an action to do this?

I think your best bet would be an addin that does it automatically or maybe a DDE answer action like you kind of mentioned

ryan hedlund
    Stericycle

• 3.  RE: Copy caller number to clipboard in action

Posted 12-20-2020 23:48

Ryan,

Thanks for your update.

I first wondered if it could be implemented with a Client Button.
    However, I couldn't come up with a way to use the Client Button to pass the Attribute value to the desktop clipboard, so I thought of an implementation using the DDE action.

I don't know that, but could I pass the attribute value inside the "Launch Application" command?

We also considered developing with Interaction Desktop Add-ins and ICELib, but our customers don't want to spend as much as possible.

I am trying to implement DDE.
    What should I specify in the "Executable:" and "Application:" fields when kicking the command prompt from an action?
    I tried specifying "C:\Windows\System32\cmd.exe" for "Executable:" and "CMD" for "Application:", but it didn't work.

Yusuke Higashino

• 4.  RE: Copy caller number to clipboard in action

GENESYS
    Posted 12-21-2020 11:21

You might take a look at a tool called AutoHotKey (https://www.autohotkey.com/).  This is a utility for Windows that is amazing powerful for scraping data from one application to be used in another.  I have used it in the past to retrieve a phone number from one application, store it in the clipboard, activate another application, and paste it into a search field.  It might save you a lot of time.

Good luck,

Jim Crespino
    Senior Director, Developer Evangelism
    Genesys
    https://developer.genesys.com

• 5.  RE: Copy caller number to clipboard in action

Posted 12-21-2020 18:27

Hi Jim Crespino

Thanks for your idea. I also use AutoHotKey for various purposes.

I think it's one approach as a way to get data from Windows Forms.

Windows 10 has a simple command called clip.exe to put a value in the clipboard.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-server/administration/windows-commands/clip

AutoHotKey is a very powerful tool, but some customers dislike installing it for security reasons.
    I want to make the implementation as simple as possible.

Regard,

Yusuke Higashino

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources