PureConnect

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Ability to Play Back String of WAV Files

Posted 07-13-2021 14:45
    Hi - I'm looking to see if any PureConnect clients have made use of a handler that can read back a string of wav files. 

Example - customer calls the IVR, tries to reset password, and in the process, a temporary password is offered.  The temp password consists of various alpha and numeric characters.  The handler would then play back the respective wav files as a string, based on the values returned from the web service that sends the temp password to the handler..  The wav files would offer the ability to speak back the alpha characters in NATO format (i.e.; A as in alpha, B as in bravo, etc).

When we migrated to PCC back in 2019, we had this design in our previous IVR platform, but was advised that there were system limitations in the handler environment that prevents the ability to provide string playback of multiple wav files.  A business need has come up, where we may need to have this feature supported.

If anyone out there is currently doing this, I would be grateful to hear how you accomplish this.

Thanks!
    #Handlers

------------------------------
    Barry Farrington
    Senior Contact Center IVR & ACD System Administrator
    FedPoint
    fedpointusa.com

• 2.  RE: Ability to Play Back String of WAV Files

Posted 07-13-2021 15:21

I'm not doing exactly what you're doing, but I'm playing back phrases containing medical providers companies, names and coverage provided using a similar method.

I think they steps you'd need to look at are:

1. Receiving your string back from your webservice.
    2. Parsing it into individual characters
    3. Running those characters against some form of dictionary/table to determine if they can just be spoken as a string or require a .wav file.
    4. Retrieve the name of the associated .wav file and add it to the sequence to be played back.

The nice thing about the play string/play audio file tools in handlers is that they don't automatically flush audio, so they allow you to iteratively build your audio sequence and then flush it all at once (maintaining the order) after you're done iterating with a flush audio step or getkey step.

AARON LAEL
    State of Utah

• 3.  RE: Ability to Play Back String of WAV Files

Posted 07-14-2021 16:21
    You could do this with a Custom prompt library. Take a look at how the PlayInteger subroutine works, you could do a similar thing.

Basically, create a Prompt Library with all of the "bits" of audio in it and then iterate over the string and use Assemble Prompt Phrase to build the prompt before playing it back.

HTH

• 4.  RE: Ability to Play Back String of WAV Files

Posted 07-20-2021 11:47
    We do something like this - we have handlers that use the TTS functionality to read Address information that is returned by a database. I would think this could do what you are looking for, but would be tricky to say the least.

Christopher Becker
    State of Michigan - Oakland County - WRC

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources