PureConnect

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Screen pop on Pickup or by Client Button

Posted 07-27-2021 12:56
    Hello,

I have created a screen pop that pops customer account info to agents when a call comes in by; 1) creating an Action (web browser screen pop) that opens a URL (ie: http://website.com/{attribute}) then; 2) adding the screen pop action to the Alerting Action in the workgroup ACD configuration. It has been working fine but agents have complained that when a call comes in, the browser pops in front of other screens and interrupts them when notetaking, etc.

I would like to have the screen pop open when the agent hits "Pickup" or possibly when they hit a Client button (ideally something that will work for Interaction Desktop and Connect). Essentially, I'm trying to create a handler that can pop a URL (w/ call attributes) to an agent when that call is picked up rather than when alerted. I've viewed several post with people trying to do something similar but I haven't been able to find anything that works. Can this be done with just handlers? Has anyone done something similar to this?

Thanks,
    Chudi
    #AskMeAnything(AMA)
    #Handlers

------------------------------
    Chudi Igboemeka

Start.ca

• 2.  RE: Screen pop on Pickup or by Client Button

Posted 07-27-2021 20:18
    Edited by Benyamin Ioffe 07-27-2021 20:20
    Hi Chudi,

This can be done using the Client Button and will work for Interaction Connect and Interaction Desktop. First you will need to copy, rename, and publish the OOTB SetScreenPop handler/subroutine (within the new handler I removed the steps 31 and 32 and instead of these 2 steps I added an assignment step where sOfferingAction = sAcdScreenPopName). Then within your Client Button handler you can just define the Eic_ScreenPopName attribute with the name of the IA Action you want to use and then call the new SetScreenPop handler and you will get a working Screen-Pop :) 

If you want to use the Client Button with Screen-Pop multiple times, the following interaction attributes Eic_ScreenPopName and Eic_ScreenPopData should be set to an empty string and use the sleep step for 1 second before initiating the new SetScreenPop subroutine.

Thank you,

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Ben Ioffe (SWBC) | Opinions are my own and not the views of my employer.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• 3.  RE: Screen pop on Pickup or by Client Button

Posted 07-29-2021 11:50
    Ben,

This works beautifully! I was able to get this working with the button by setting it up how you described. 

Thank you very much!

Chudi

Chudi Igboemeka

Start.ca

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources