PureConnect

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Point reports to different Database

Posted 02-18-2020 09:48
    Hi Community,

We have our PureConnect Prod and Dialer databases replicating to another SQL server and looking to see if when our users run reports if we can have the report run against that server instead.

Thank you,
    #Reporting/Analytics

------------------------------
    Scott Williams
    Missouri Higher Education Loan Authority

• 2.  RE: Point reports to different Database

Posted 02-18-2020 15:41
    Make a new datasource that points to your warehouse.  Then change the datasource on the report to use that datasource.  I did this in earlier versions (pre 3.0).  
    I haven't kept it that way because now all of the reports that I use are custom and written against the warehouse to begin with.

Tim

Tim Cannon

• 3.  RE: Point reports to different Database

GENESYS
    Posted 02-19-2020 08:13
    Outside of creating another completely new/different datasource, you can also use the existing IC Report Logs datasource for this.

"IC Report Logging" handles writing to a production database.
    "IC Report Logs" handles reading from a source database.

Updating the Additional Information text box with a connection string to the SQL replication destination database, and having your users restart their ICBM clients should take care of this for you no problem.

• 4.  RE: Point reports to different Database

Posted 02-19-2020 09:43
    I second Trent's comment. I have done this a few times in the past. Simply changing the IC Report Logs data source will point all canned reports to the new instance. Obviously implement this off hours and test both IC writing data to the database and running of reports against the database to be sure this is working correctly after the change.

Mark Tatera
    ConvergeOne

Opinions are my own and not the views of my employer. Any suggestions or programming changes I suggest come with no warranty and should be tried at your own risk. If my comment helped you or solved your problem please consider marking my comment as best answer.

• 5.  RE: Point reports to different Database

Posted 02-19-2020 10:23
    Thank you Tim and Trent, let me explore these 2 options, though i think updating the IC Report Log data source would be the easiest since it wouldn't require me to change all the reports.

Scott Williams

• 6.  RE: Point reports to different Database

Posted 02-19-2020 11:57
    I agree Mark i am currently testing in Dev.

One thing i have notice, is IC Report Log data source doesn't redirect the database that Interaction Recording is searching and don't see anything obvious within the Recording Configuration or data Sources. Anybody have an idea on what configuration needs to be changed for that?

Thank you,

Scott Williams

• 7.  RE: Point reports to different Database

Posted 02-20-2020 09:16
    When upgrading the system to a newer version, is it possible that the database schema changes? If that is the case, are both data sources updated ? ("IC Report Logging" and "IC Report Logs"). If not, I am afraid reporting on "IC Report Logs" will stop working, no?

Thank you,

Donald Hamel
    Bell Canada

• 8.  RE: Point reports to different Database

Posted 02-20-2020 14:32
    Edited by Paul Simpson 02-20-2020 14:32
    Donald,

That would depend on how the replication is handled. My guess is that the Schema in the "live" database would be updated and then the replication would cause that to get copied over?

Paul Simpson
    Senior Technical Instructor

• 9.  RE: Point reports to different Database

Posted 02-20-2020 15:36
    IIRC, the install/upgrade documentation requires that replication services be stopped during any update. Beyond that, it's probably best to consult with your DBA team to insure changes are applied when replication is turned back on.

Tim Cannon

• 10.  RE: Point reports to different Database

GENESYS
    Posted 02-20-2020 15:46
    After any upgrade, DB replication will continue as it currently exists.  However, in an effort to prep for that upgrade, I would very much recommend having a look at the DB Schema Change Library tool on the support site here.  It allows you to look at any DB changes from version to version (you insert the release you're currently running and the release you're interested in moving to, and it will spit out the differences in those DB objects).

This should allow your DB team an opportunity to prep for any necessary changes in your replication processes.

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources