PureConnect

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Forecasting and Skills

Posted 08-28-2019 13:48
    We recently ran into issues when we removed 2 skills from most of our agents that when we  the forecast to a schedule, we received alot of agents not filling a need, which in turned through off our scheduling.  Is there a way to exclude Skills when building a forecast or Schedule?
    #AskMeAnything(AMA)

------------------------------
    Scott Williams
    Missouri Higher Education Loan Authority

• 2.  RE: Forecasting and Skills

GENESYS
    Posted 08-28-2019 14:10
    Hi Scott,

I am a bit unclear as to what you are trying to accomplish.  When you say the removal of skills from agents threw off your scheduling, what do you mean?  Did Optimizer not schedule a number of agents for your desired weekly hours?  I need a bit more information to get a better idea of what you experienced.

Chip Funk
    Manager, Business Consulting
    Genesys

• 3.  RE: Forecasting and Skills

Posted 08-28-2019 14:55

@Chip Funk

The issue we ran into was that Optimizer scheduled breaks and Lunches at our normal peak calling hours. It seem like it was scheduling those based upon our our Shifts activity configuration. For example  we say agents can't be schedule for lunch before 3 hours of work....and they were being schedule right at the 3 hour mark.

When investigating more, we saw that the schedules were being created with a high number of agents being marked as not filling a need. When we look at the Schedule and Forecast Graph from the schedule, the forecast graph line was flat on the bottom.

After troubleshooting we found that the issue was caused by removing 2 skills from most of our agents, once we added the skills back and created a new schedule, everything was fine. It looks like forecast is looking at agents skills when creating the schedule and if large number of agents are no longer have that skill, the forecasting gets messed up. I am looking for how i can tell the forecast to not take into account the skills i remove from agents, even if they are still in the system.

Scott Williams
    Missouri Higher Education Loan Authority

• 4.  RE: Forecasting and Skills

GENESYS
    Posted 08-28-2019 15:09
    Hi Scott,

In reading your comment, both Dan and I think there are a number of things that could be contributing to the challenges that you are seeing.  We think perhaps it is best to spend some more time running through what you are seeing.  I will reach out to you to see if we can dive a bit deeper.

Chip Funk
    Manager, Business Consulting
    Genesys

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources