PureConnect

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Build Reply in Email Attendant

Posted 07-29-2020 13:34
    I've got a profile in Email Attendant that receives emails from our webmaster account. The emails contain form data that was input by the customer on our website. We route these based upon the subject and some other data in the form. We want to be able to send automated replies in certain circumstances (ie: a holiday). The trouble is, using the Build Reply node, I can't reply to the sender, since the system sees webmaster as the sender of the email. I need to send the reply to the email address of the customer that is in the form data in the email. Is there any easy way to accomplish that? Without using a handler?
    #ArchitectureandDesign
    #AskMeAnything(AMA)
    #CloudMigration(NEW)
    #ConnectwithaCustomer(NEW)
    #DigitalChannels
    #Handlers
    #Implementation
    #Integrations
    #Omni-ChannelDesktop/UserInterface
    #Outbound
    #PlatformAdministration
    #QualityManagement
    #Reporting/Analytics
    #Roadmap/NewFeatures
    #Routing(ACD/IVR)
    #Security
    #SIP/VolP
    #SystemAdministration
    #Telephony
    #Unsure/Other
    #WEM/Optimizer
    #PureConnectQAEpisode

------------------------------
    Kristin Rappe
    Roche Diabetes

• 2.  RE: Build Reply in Email Attendant

Posted 07-29-2020 18:44
    Kristin,

"Without using a Handler" looks to me to be the sticking point. The issue is further complicated by the fact that I assume the address required is actually in the body of the email?

I would perhaps have another system process the email and then pass it on to PureConnect. That system could perform the auto-response for you? YOu could even potentially modify the website code to do this in these situations.

Sorry I can't be of more help.

• 3.  RE: Build Reply in Email Attendant

Posted 07-30-2020 10:08
    Thanks, Paul. I expected that to be the case. I have so little experience with handlers... I try to evaluate all other options before going that route.

Kristin Rappe

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources