PureConnect

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Callback

Posted 10-01-2020 07:08
    Hi

If the call arrived to queue with Arabic skills, and no any one answred the call then the caller request callback, so the callback take the same skills for call or can arrived to agent with English skills?
    #Routing(ACD/IVR)

------------------------------
    Sajed Salah
    Fourth Dimension Systems

• 2.  RE: Callback

Posted 10-01-2020 09:52
    In our system (2020r11) Skills and Priorities are not transferred to the Callback interaction. So, yes the callback can be delivered to an agent with different skillset.

Tim Cannon

• 3.  RE: Callback

Posted 10-01-2020 11:01
    I believe it depends somewhat on how you do the callback. I'd need to verify, but I was told that if you use the Callback operation directly inside an in-queue menu operation, then it replaces the call object in the queue and retains all the properties (including wait time etc.) If you use one external to the in-queue menu (say in a Multi-Action container giving the caller the option to request a callback on a different number) the it gets re-queued and so loses the properties.

• 4.  RE: Callback

GENESYS
    Posted 10-02-2020 09:04

Tim is correct it can be requeued with a different skillset.  And Paul is correct in that how you setup the callback matters.  And there are really 2 different ways to setup a callback:

Scenario01:  The Call Morph Scenario
    A call comes into the IVR and is routed to an ACD queue.  In a queue menu, the caller opts to leave a callback.  The call remains in queue and morphs into a callback with the same properties.  In this case, the callback retains it's place in line, properties, skills, etc (unless you strip skills away via the inqueue menu separately).  Be careful with the data in this scenario.  In this scenario, the reporting data will show 1 nEnteredACD for the call, and 1nAnsweredACD for the callback.  The Call itself will never show answered and the callback itself will never show entered.  So the numbers will appear off for media-type reporting.

Scenario02:  The FlowOut Scenario
    A call come sinto the IVR and is routed to an ACD queue.  In a queue menu, the caller opts to leave a callback.  In the IVR, you will create a setup where the call will hit another node, flowing the call out of Queue01, creating the callback, and flowing the callback into Queue02.  In this case, the callback will not retain it's place in line.  However, it will give an admin the ability to strip skills, alter priority, etc.  But in this scenario the data on the media-type reports will look much, much cleaner.  It will show you have 1 nEnteredACD and 1nFlowOutACD for the call.  And it will show you have 1 nEnteredACD and 1nAnsweredACD for the callback.

Also note that no matter which scenario you choose to implement, there are no OOB reports or even OOB data written to the DB that will tie the inbound call, the callback, and the outbound call(s) made on behalf of the callback together.

Thanks,
    Trent.

• 5.  RE: Callback

Posted 10-02-2020 09:26
    Hey Trent!

While I was aware & understand the routing/queuing features of CallBacks, the reporting information is EXACTLY what I have been looking for quite some time!!  Thank You!

On my "To Do" list is to capture Eic_CallbackAssociatedCallId  and insert into CallDetail table (sorry for the 3.0 DB terminology) in one of the  custom attributes to identify outbound calls driven by "CallBack" interactions.   Reading your post, I should anticipate the need to  tie the inbound call, to the callback interaction.
    Would you (or anyone following this thread) who have done this, be willing to share a snippet of your code or at least an outline of what they did.

I would greatly appreciate it!!

Pete Schroeder
    American Customer Care, Inc
    pschroeder@accare.com

• 6.  RE: Callback

GENESYS
    Posted 10-02-2020 10:28

I don't have this 100% working, but it has been a pet project of mine to work on during all my free time. ;-) 

But I have been utilizing the Eic_Callback* attributes (found in the Attribute Reference Guide) and logging their values along with their CallIDKeys to the Eic_CustomAttributes DB table.

From there, I'm hopeful to tie interactions together via Power BI and DB queries.  This way, I can avoid any sort of messy handlers, IceLib/ICWS, and it should smooth out future upgrades.  Hopefully. 

• 7.  RE: Callback

Posted 10-02-2020 10:41
    Trent,

You are funny,  "free time" lol

Thanks for your quick response, could this be as easy as using custom mappings of Report Log configuration?

Pete Schroeder
    American Customer Care, Inc
    pschroeder@accare.com

• 8.  RE: Callback

GENESYS
    Posted 10-02-2020 10:48

Correct.  That's how I've been getting my custom information into that table.  Figured it's easier than following Handlers all over the place!

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources