PureConnect

View Only

Discussion Thread View
Expand all | Collapse all

Future of PureConnect?

• 1.  Future of PureConnect?

Posted 01-19-2020 19:29
    With the renaming of PureCloud to Genesys Cloud, and PureEngage to Genesys Engage (see https://www.genesys.com/press?release=122803), references to PureConnect have been removed from the Genesys website.

Only Genesys Cloud and Genesys Engage remain active product options.

Is this the beginning of the end for PureConnect?

#Unsure/Other

• 2.  RE: Future of PureConnect?

Posted 01-21-2020 09:51
    Edited by Luke Rolfes 01-21-2020 09:53
    I also noticed there is no mention of PureConnect on the 2020 conference page, https://www.genesys.com/events/xperience/agenda/breakouts
    My co-worker mentioned there was only 1 booth setup for PureConnect at the 2019 conference.

• 3.  RE: Future of PureConnect?

Posted 01-21-2020 10:18
    We have this thread where the question about Xperience 2020 was asked previously with a response from an Internal Genesys employee:

https://community.genesys.com/digestviewer29/viewthread?MessageKey=13c3b731-a0fc-40f5-b813-f1619dc74a92&CommunityKey=cf214c8f-5206-4010-9b2c-2085cbd65a44&tab=digestviewer#bm13c3b731-a0fc-40f5-b813-f1619dc74a92

Basically stating it will be in the Agenda "soon".

This was before the PureCloud => Genesys Cloud change, though.  I've asked my account rep for info on what's going on, not that I really expect anything concrete out of them.

------------------------------
    AARON LAEL
    State of Utah

• 4.  RE: Future of PureConnect?

Posted 01-21-2020 10:43
    I am also concerned of the appearance of this very obvious omission.  The home page only now displays Genesys Cloud and Genesys Engage as the 2 primary products, although you can perform a general search on the site for references to the PureConnect product.  However, given that the Xperience 2020 breakout agenda page still only references PureCloud and PureEngage - over a month after the initial inquiry was made on the community site.  I may be wrong, but I find it difficult to think that this is not a coincidence.

If anyone is able to get some insight on what's really going on, I would be very interested to hear.

Barry Farrington
    PureConnect Administrator
    Long Term Care Partners, LLC

• 5.  RE: Future of PureConnect?

Posted 01-21-2020 10:47

Oh and this is not all, if you go on to Genesys.com then you will not find PureConnect as a product offering :(
    It is on the UK site, but not the American site, so it does indeed make you wonder.

Egill Palsson
    Advania AB

• 6.  RE: Future of PureConnect?

Posted 01-21-2020 10:54
    Yes, I did see this (and tried to upload the same screen shot, yet the site won't let me?).  I'm truly concerned that this is giving a LOT of current customers some pause.

Barry Farrington

• 7.  RE: Future of PureConnect?

Posted 01-21-2020 12:11
    I think everyone is already wondering the future of PureConnect.

Our account team is silent, PureConnect is missing from xperience20 agenda, and the other products have already received a re-brand. 

I'm unsure if the product is merely being phased out, or they are working to find a new place in their ecosystem. 

Right before the ININ acquisition we had this same feeling. The end feels like its upon us, but maybe it's death will be protracted.

At the very least if PureConnect does meet an untimely death, Genesys needs a clear path to their remaining products. My largest fear would be Genesys wanting everyone to just rip&replace. Our deployment is thousands of seats, and it would be no small undertaking to replace the product, especially when you factor in years of customized development work that has gone into the product.

Dillon Bray
    ArcBest Technologies Inc.

• 8.  RE: Future of PureConnect?

Posted 01-21-2020 13:49
    I, too, am very concerned about the optics that this presents to the current client base.  We migrated from Premier to PureConnect Cloud last October, and seeing obvious omissions regarding the platform on the Genesys site gives me reason to be concerned.

I've also asked many times about information on the Product Lab site, suggesting that replacements were coming for Attendant and ICBM.  Each time I've asked for updates, I get no response.

I can only hope that our Genesys counterparts are reading this board post string and are taking our concerns to heart.  We need more and better visibility/transparency into the overall platform road map - sooner rather than later.

Barry Farrington

• 9.  RE: Future of PureConnect?

Posted 01-22-2020 07:05
    I agree that this is concerning. If PureCloud could do everything that PureConnect can do, it would be a bit easier to swallow, but it just isn't there yet. Granted, PureConnect has some significant gaps in its feature set since there hasn't been much development on it in the past few years... but it is still an amazing platform.

David Currier
    cpi.solutions

• 10.  RE: Future of PureConnect?

Posted 01-22-2020 08:12
    Hi David

This was a shock to see the option missing from the Product list but an even bigger one to get informed through the Genesys forum daily update I luckily get.

So we are also still waiting for updates.

We would like to have validated information to provide other parties to set them at ease should they ask.

The waiting game is not great.

Regards 
    Carl

Carl Van Der Merwe
    Pivotal Data (Pty) Ltd

• 11.  RE: Future of PureConnect?

Posted 01-22-2020 09:47
    I have the same concern as all of you.  I had a chat yesterday with Genesys architect and you can see that Genesys goal is going out of any "on premise" solution.  I bring to him a roadmap presentation made by Genesys in 2017 where they were speaking of PureConnect next step and if I look at the roadmap of today, some of them disappear...

As example, I've been waiting since 2017 of the WebRTC with Interaction Connect and it was on the roadmap back then... not there anymore and won't happen.  They are forcing us to go toward PureCloud and I dislike this strategy.

Hope they'll review it but with what I'm reading from all of you, it's sad...

Sylvain Richard
    Global Excel Management Inc.

• 12.  RE: Future of PureConnect?

Posted 01-22-2020 12:09
    They announced last September they were splitting into 2 business Units (see https://www.genesys.com/press?release=122794)

Genesys Cloud - which would be the PureCloud and Workfore Engagement management Groups 
    Genesys Core - Which would be the PureEngage and PureConnect Groups

Maybe they have just moved PureConnect under the Genesys Engage Product? Hopefully some Genesys people will pop on and clarify this for us, because it is worrisome that no information has been released about Re-branding of the PureConnect system.
    @Matt Lawson
    @George Ganahl
    @Paul Simpson

Thank you
    ​​​​​

Scott Williams
    Missouri Higher Education Loan Authority

• 13.  RE: Future of PureConnect?

GENESYS
    Posted 01-22-2020 13:00
    Edited by Matt Lawson 01-23-2020 13:26
    Hey Scott, 

Thanks for asking for my opinion, always happy to share my perspective, especially on non-technical issues. My team and I are actively planning for the second season of the PureConnect Q&A Show as we speak. This is not time and energy that I would invest lightly, and we are eager to return to production in the coming weeks! 

Please know that I'm planning upcoming community events for 2020 and beyond with the only difference being "PureCloud" is now "Genesys Cloud," and if you watch season two of the Genesys Cloud Q&A Show, I have to put a dollar in the jar if I get that naming convention wrong. Even if you don't watch the show, I hope you venture to guess how much $$$ I had to cough up at the end of the season or vote for which charity we should donate it to (more on that later). Other than that, no foreseeable changes on my end.

I did ask if the PureConnect naming convention would be changing and was told, "No" and received the following explanation: 

Given cloud is a primary focus and we will be leading with Genesys Cloud and Genesys Engage, keeping the PureConnect name the same will limit confusion with existing customers. Rest assured, a core part of our strategy is to continue to support and ensure the success of our existing customers, including our PureConnect customers.

I think there are some great questions and observations in this thread and I'm hoping we can do a Q&A episode on this topic or that more information on these specifics is available soon. I apologize for the delay in response and lack of detail, but a lot colleagues are still traveling or indisposed after our Kick Off conference last week and this being a holiday week (most of us had Monday off). Naturally, I'll share updates and knowledge as it becomes available. My team and I love the PureConnect Community, can't wait to start doing some more events with you all, and that's not changing.

Cheers,

Matt

Matt Lawson
    Genesys - Employees
    Online Community Manager

• 14.  RE: Future of PureConnect?

Posted 02-05-2020 02:56
    Hi Matt, thanks for a lot for the detailed reply. Is there any other update so far on the PureConnect roadmap? Thanks a lot and appreciate your time.

Wahidul Mehraz
    AEA International Holdings Pte. Ltd.

• 15.  RE: Future of PureConnect?

Posted 02-06-2020 16:27
    Edited by Scott Williams 02-06-2020 17:00
    It looks like this Thread generated alot of Inquires to Genesys as we were just provided a Statement from Genesys that was created in response to this Thread.

The take away from it is that PureConnect on Premise Solution is still a product Genesys is offering. They are no longer going to sell Pureconnect Cloud to new customer and instead push them to Genesys Cloud offering.​ I am attempting to upload it to the thread, but i can't seem to upload documents. I will try to upload it from my Home PC tonight.

**Edited**

I do not see anything in the statement about R&D, so i do still have concurs about the future of PureConnect On Premise.

Scott Williams
    Missouri Higher Education Loan Authority

• 16.  RE: Future of PureConnect?

GENESYS
    Posted 02-06-2020 19:41
    Hey @Wahidul Mehraz,

Thanks for the question, I think Scott's recent answer to this thread speaks to the future of PureConnect.

Roadmaps are released by our PMs and if you watch the Q&A Show or check the community, we try our best to give updates ​​as they become available. Are you on the ideas portal? That's also a good place to get an idea of what ideas are being considered and in development. 

Cheers!

Matt

Matt Lawson
    Genesys - Employees
    Manager, Online Communities

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources