PureConnect

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Can we write to an IP table from a handler

Posted 03-15-2020 15:21
    ​Hi all.

I know we can read from an IP table with the Table Lookup tool, but is it possible to update a field within the table with a put or write tool? 

I would like to read a value from the table (numeric), increase the value by one, and write the updated value back to the table. 

Then the next time the handler runs, it can increase again.  I am going to have different actions based on the value within the table. 

I know I can use an external db, but was looking for the simplest option.

Of course, if there is another tool that can support this, I'm open to suggestions.

Thanks in advance!

Tom​
    #Handlers

------------------------------
    Tom Mullen
    Boehringer Ingelheim GmbH

• 2.  RE: Can we write to an IP table from a handler

Posted 03-15-2020 16:45

IP tables are read only from everywhere aside from Interaction Administrator.  If you have a simple dataset, you could potentially use structured parameters instead or possibly even custom attributes on other objects. 

That said, if you have a complex data structure, it may be worth migrating it to a database or an external API.

AARON LAEL
    State of Utah

• 3.  RE: Can we write to an IP table from a handler

Posted 03-18-2020 02:07
    If you're just incrementing and retrieving values, you may want to take a look at the accumulator tool steps.

Douglas Suyemoto
    Latham & Watkins LLP

• 4.  RE: Can we write to an IP table from a handler

Posted 03-26-2020 09:16
    +1 Accumulators (no pun intended :) ).  Also look at IP Notes for this type of requirement.   

Tim

Tim Cannon

• 5.  RE: Can we write to an IP table from a handler

Posted 03-26-2020 09:26
    ​Thanks all.

I ended up using a SQL db.  I needed a bunch of values tracked (4 rows of 11 columns).  So I'm using the db tools.   It worked well in my testing.  Just waiting for the green light to move it into production.

Tom Mullen
    Boehringer Ingelheim GmbH

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources