PureConnect

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Queues interactions not routing to available agents

Posted 12-01-2019 23:18
    Due to any emergency/unfortunate event, if we have to evacuate any of our working site then we have to deactivate/disable call/email/chat handing workgroups as well because our sites/contact centers will be empty and customers have to wait unnecessarily.
    I am able to disable or enable the workgroup via handlers. While my site is getting evacuated, if any interaction (call/chat/email) is there in queue it will remain in queue as workgroup will be deactivated.
    But when I am activating/enabling the workgroup after sometime, those queued interaction always remains in queue and not routing to available agents.
    What could be the possible root cause and fix of this issue?
    #Routing(ACD/IVR)

------------------------------
    Rahul C Tyagi
    Accenture India

• 2.  RE: Queues interactions not routing to available agents

Posted 12-03-2019 14:42
    Rahul,

What process are you following to "deactivate" the queue? From your post I assume you are deselecting the active checkbox from within handlers editing DS keys. If this is the case I suspect you are throwing ACD server into a bad state by deactivating the workgroup with calls still in it. Typically customers would use an unplanned schedule within Attendant to "close" the queues so no more interactions enter the queue. If you want to "clear out" the queue you could write a handler which iterates through every interaction in the queue to play a message and then disconnect the caller.

Thanks,

Mark Tatera
    ConvergeOne

Opinions are my own and not the views of my employer. Any suggestions or programming changes I suggest come with no warranty and should be tried at your own risk. If my comment helped you or solved your problem please consider marking my comment as best answer.

• 3.  RE: Queues interactions not routing to available agents

Posted 12-04-2019 11:59
    I just tested doing this manually and it behaves as you describe. I suspect Mark is correct.

You would be better off checking for an emergency situation prior to putting an interaction into the queue, for example, if it's Attendant, you could either not offer the option to the caller, or provide a message. Simply dectivating the queue probably causes an error of some kind.

Of course, if it's the whole call center that closes down, then that is what Unplanned Schedules are for!

Emails can be handled in a similar way (perhaps replying indicating that the expected wait time will be longer than anticipated and then putting the email into the queue anyway?)

Webchats will require you to customize your Web portal.

HTH

• 4.  RE: Queues interactions not routing to available agents

Posted 12-05-2019 22:37
    Thanks for your response..!!

The approach is good, but what will happen to the calls that are already in queue?

The new calls can be handled gracefully but we do not want to route the existing calls. How can we achieve this?

Rahul C Tyagi
    Accenture India

• 5.  RE: Queues interactions not routing to available agents

Posted 12-06-2019 11:43
    Rahul,

What do you want to do with the existing calls in queue, I assume you would like to disconnect them. You can write a handler which will get all of the Interaction ID of all of the calls in queue then you just have to look through them, take control of the interaction, probably play a message, and then disconnect the call. The trick will be how to you fire off this handler. You could do it with a custom notification but then will have to write something to send the custom notification. Other ideas would be to stand up a "hidden" IVR or option off a menu which allows you to execute the subroutine to clear out all the interactions. Obviously if you are going to hide this in an IVR I would add some sort of password function so someone doesn't accidentally get in and disconnect calls.

Thanks,

Mark Tatera
    ConvergeOne

Opinions are my own and not the views of my employer. Any suggestions or programming changes I suggest come with no warranty and should be tried at your own risk. If my comment helped you or solved your problem please consider marking my comment as best answer.

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources