PureConnect

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Prioritize specific agent

Posted 01-22-2020 15:27
    We use Genesys's PureConnect platform with skills based routing. If a customer calls in and speaks with an agent and then calls in at a later date/time, is there any way in Genesys to prioritize that that customer get routed to the same agent?

#Handlers

------------------------------
    Matthew Livingston

• 2.  RE: Prioritize specific agent
    Best Answer

Posted 01-22-2020 15:58
    Hey Matthew.

It's very possible, but you have to deliver the interaction before doing the ACD routing. 

We did just the same thing. Used a handler, in conjugation with a database to track caller phone numbers, and marry that data to the last IC user.

If the logic can't find an available agent that spoke to the caller then it drops the call to a workgroup for normal ACD call processing.

If you don't have developer resources to work on the handler, database then I'd suggest reaching out to professional services, or a 3rd party to help build it out.

We eventually removed this type of logic as the database would sporadically need purged since our implementation kept associating userid with caller numbers when transferred (last IC user). You can imagine how wonky that got after awhile.

Dillon Bray
    ArcBest Technologies Inc.

• 3.  RE: Prioritize specific agent

Posted 01-23-2020 10:19
    Thank you for the reply. I'm not sure I understand the problem of associating the userid with the caller number. I don't work directly Genesys so I don't fully understand the implemention so was the wonkyness a function of the database growing in size or was it the logic of associating the caller with the agent?

Matthew Livingston
    OHIO HEALTH

• 4.  RE: Prioritize specific agent

Posted 01-23-2020 10:44
    Our customization worked great until an agent transferred the call to another department, at which time the Last IC User would then be someone in a completely different area. 

You'd want to build in some checks to verify the last userid was in a particular workgroup, or fence the customization to particular users.

Dillon Bray
    ArcBest Technologies Inc.

• 5.  RE: Prioritize specific agent

Posted 01-22-2020 17:48
    I did a similar thing that just looked at the last 3 days.  The customer was given the option to go to the same agent, and if the agent was on the phone, the option to wait.  I used to categories to reserve the agent.

Tim Cannon

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources