PureConnect

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  LDAPS configuration for IWP

Posted 03-11-2022 12:50
    All,

We're currently standing up a new instance of IWP/Marquee as we haven't yet migrated to CX Insights. With that said, we need to configure it to use LDAPS and port 636. I've not been able to find solid instructions on leveraging LDAPS for IWP, but I may be overlooking them. Standard LDAP and port 389 is blocked in our new environment.

Can anyone point me to the proper instructions for how to configure IWP correctly and use LDAPS? Fingers crossed someone has this implemented and can provide some guidance or suggestions.

Thank you,
    #Reporting/Analytics
    #SystemAdministration

------------------------------
    Shane

• 2.  RE: LDAPS configuration for IWP

GENESYS
    Posted 03-14-2022 09:48
    Did you find this https://help.genesys.com/pureconnect/mergedprojects/wh_tr/mergedprojects/wh_tr_web_portal_marquee/desktop/install_active_directory_lightweight_directory_services_ad_lds.htm not useful?

Ports to be opened: 

https://help.genesys.com/pureconnect/mergedprojects/wh_tr/mergedprojects/wh_tr_web_portal_marquee/desktop/appendix_b_set_up_tcp_ports_for_interaction_web_portal.htm

Sai Prem
    Product Manager
    PureConnect

• 3.  RE: LDAPS configuration for IWP

Posted 03-16-2022 17:43
    Thanks Sai.

I followed those directions but what I do not see if anything specific to using LDAPS.

Example on Step 11 of these directions

https://help.genesys.com/pureconnect/mergedprojects/wh_tr/mergedprojects/wh_tr_web_portal_marquee/desktop/install_interaction_web_portal1.htm, they request we enter the FQDN of the sever hosting ININ AD LDS and to use Negotiate. Should i follow this exactly or should I choose SSL Negotiate for Authentication?

Reason I ask is I chose Authentication when installing IWP and I'm now able to sign-in to IWP. However when I begin configuring IWP from the IWP interface it creates a default LDAP connection back to my IWP server and uses 389. 

I need ININ AD LDS and IWP to use port 636 and LDAPS for any LDAP communication, trying to verify what I need to adjust to make sure that happens. 

Does that make any sense?

Thanks!

Shane

• 4.  RE: LDAPS configuration for IWP

GENESYS
    Posted 03-17-2022 11:39
    With this already EOS as of Oct 2021, I don't have the R&D bandwidth to look into this. Any reason why we are pursuing this route now?

Sai Prem
    Product Manager
    PureConnect

• 5.  RE: LDAPS configuration for IWP

Posted 03-17-2022 14:54
    We are tasked with standing up a new greenfield PureConnect environment on a different network.
    This greenfield environment needs to mirror our current environment, which does have IWP / Marquee. 
    This new environment does not allow port 389 and it is blocked by default. 
    I was hoping to learn how customers have implemented IWP using LDAPS and port 636.

There is also some functionality built into IWP that is not possible outside of IWP without customization and we're using that functionality. 

So long story short, we have no choice but to move forward with IWP and Marquee for now. In the future we can hopefully use a combination of CX Insights with our own customization. 

Thanks

Shane

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources