PureConnect

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Hard forward extension to external number

Posted 09-08-2020 18:55

Running 2018 R1 P37

What is the best way these days to hard forward an valid extension to an external?  It is a requirement for the extension to show in the direct but all calls to that extension should go to an external number, with no option to leave voicemail on the internal extension.

Call Coverage won't accept an external number or a DNIS # I have defined in an attendant profile--is there some way to do it via call coverage I am doing wrong?

Is Available, Forward the only way to do it?  It's how I have done it in the past.

If Available, Forward is the only way to do it, is there some way for me to remotely record the Available, Forward message so I can put in a blank recording (we use the "at a remote location" default and I want to eliminate that for these use cases).  I cannot find an option to record that greeting via the TUI.  I also tried just dropping in an AFPrompt_username.wav into \I3\IC\Resources directory but that didn't seem to work (system seems to ignore the file).

#SystemAdministration

• 2.  RE: Hard forward extension to external number

Posted 09-09-2020 10:24
    Hi Evan,

Available Forward would be my first suggestion. Regarding the message, can you not log in as the user to record the message?

If these are internal calls, another way to do this would be to use the Dial Plan. There is actually a Lab exercise in the ICCE / ICCS classes. You can look for the extension being dialed and then re-map the number to send it out. This also may be the way to go if you use Call Coverage (I haven't tested, but here's my thinking). Set up the Dial Plan to redirect some "internal" number to the desired external one. Then take the object with the "real" internal number and use call coverage to redirect to your Dummy one, which will in turn get re-mapped to the external number. (I'm not sure, but you may have to create a "dummy" object with this extension so that it is seen as "valid" when you are setting up Call Coverage.

If none of these work, then I reckon it'll be a custom handler....

HTH

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources