PureConnect

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Dialer - Preview campaign automatic recycling

Posted 06-10-2020 12:51

In a Preview campaign, after setting up two phone number types,

1. Is there a way for the dialer to automatically recycle and start from the beginning of the contact list again?

For example, there are 10 records in a contact list, the dialer is calling all the primary numbers one by one. When it is done, can the dialer automatically present the secondary numbers of those contacts that were dispositioned as Failure in the first round?

We noticed that with our Preview campaign, it stops presenting pages controls/scripts after the first round. We have to manually stop the campaign, click recycle, then start it back up again.

1. Is there a way for the dialer to call one phone number type, and if Failure, call the secondary phone number type of the same contact?

We noticed that ours is currently calling by going vertically down a # column, instead of horizontally to complete a record or try all the possible numbers of a customer first.

Also, in our UAT testing for Preview campaigns, I am stuck on the "Waiting for Call" page. Other admins have no problem previewing a call with the same setup. Any thoughts?

Thank you

#Implementation
    #Outbound
    #SystemAdministration

------------------------------
    Mandy Zhang
    Workplace Safety & Insurance Board

• 2.  RE: Dialer - Preview campaign automatic recycling

Posted 06-16-2020 16:32
    Hi Mandy,

i would suggest looking at going to the dialer class as it will greatly assist you as you use dialer more and more. It is also taught be a great teacher @Paul Simpson ​,who will show you the ends and outs of dialing.  It has been a year since i went to the dialer class and i am not our dialer admin, so i am not using it everyday, but from what i remember you will want to look at Rule Sets for the the  auto recycle.

Create a rule set, under advance interaction dialer section and in the rule you will want to create a condition of Type = System Event and select campaign stopped and then under the action tab create an action of Run Campaign Command and select Action Recycle campaign. Apply that ruleset to the campaign and then the next time the campaign stops because it is out of contacts to call, that rule will trigger a recycle

For dialing multiple numbers of the same contact, i assume you have verified that the dialer see's all those numbers? I would run a test on the campaign and see how many numbers show up, for example if you have 10 contacts each with 2 numbers your test should show you 10 rows wiith 2 columns with numbers in each row.

From there i would look at the Recall Control section and play with the configuration there. We do not use this control much so i have not used this section, but here is the help information on that section:

Max Times to Recycle

This setting determines the number of additional times that Dialer will go through the contact list after dialing it an initial time.

Use the spin control to set the maximum number of times the Outbound Dialer Server should cycle through the contact list before ending the campaign. This number sets the maximum number of times (plus 1) that this campaign should cycle through the contact list in an effort to reach contacts that could not be reached before.  When this threshold is reached, the Outbound Dialer server will end the campaign after one more recycle.

Selecting the Unlimited check box allows an infinite number of recycles.

NOTE: A recycle operation is the act of starting over at the beginning of the list and going through it again, so restarting the contact list 4 times results in 5 total times through the list since the first time through the list doesn't require a recycle operation. For example, a campaign with Max times to recycle = 4 will cycle through its contact list no more than five times.  The campaign terminates when the campaign achieves call connect with everyone on the contact list, or after the campaign has been recycled five times, whichever comes first.

Minimum minutes before next dial

This setting establishes a minimum amount of time that must pass before Dialer may attempt to dial the same contact.  It can be used to conform to regulatory requirements.  The number of minutes sets the minimum period of time between dials to the same record. All Contact Columns will be called when this record is attempted. This setting applies to regular outbound calls. It does not apply to scheduled calls. This setting is enforced on campaign recycle by excluding the record from the recycle table. This setting only applies when a Contact has been reached, after first checking the "Interaction Connected to an Actual Person" check box in Recall Control.

NOTE: When using this setting and Max attempts per day, customers should ensure that campaigns running concurrently do not have filters whose record selections overlap.

Max Attempts

The Max attempt thresholds allow you to set the number of contact attempts after which a contact is no longer called. You can conversely allow unlimited per-number, per-record, and per-day contact attempts. You can also specify how you want to implement the Max Attempts count.

Per Number limits the number of times that each individual telephone number within a contact record will be dialed. Contact attempts that exceed the configured limit are marked as do-not-call records in the Phone Number Detail (PND) table used by the campaign. The status for the number is set to "A" in the PND table to prevent the number from being attempted again.  "A" indicates that maximum retry attempts for busy, answering machine, no answer etc. have been reached for a telephone number. It will never be called again. You can check Unlimited to allow any number of dials.

Per Record  limits the total number of times that a contact record will be dialed. Contact attempts that exceed this limit are marked as do-not-call records in the contact list table used by the campaign. The status for the record is set to "A" to prevent the record from being dialed again. You can check Unlimited to allow any number of dials.

Per Day restricts the number of contact attempts that can be performed in a day. The value you specify sets the maximum number of times a contact will be attempted in a day. You can check Unlimited to allow any number of contact attempts.

NOTE: You can specify exactly how you want to define a day by using the Max Attempts daily call list queries reset setting which you'll find on the General tab in Global Dialer Settings.

Max Attempts Per Day Enforced By

This setting permits you to specify how you want to implement the Max Attempts count on a per day basis by selecting either Record or Phone Number.

By selecting Record, you can specify that the daily max attempts setting applies per record regardless of how many phone numbers the record contains. For example, if there are 3 phone number fields in a record and the campaign attempted all 3 in a single recycle, that would count as an attempt of 1.

By selecting Phone Number, you can specify that the daily max attempts setting applies per phone number regardless of how many phone numbers the record contains. For example, if there are 3 phone number fields in a record and the campaign attempted all 3 in a single recycle, that would count as an attempt of 3.

Hope this helps.

Scott Williams
    Missouri Higher Education Loan Authority

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources