PureConnect

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  CHAT - Automated message while agent is not typing

Posted 02-13-2020 05:53
    Hi, 

I am wondering if it is possible to have an automated message that is sent to the customer if the agent has been inactive for a certain time. For example if the agent has not sent any message in the last 2 minutes, automatically send the customer the message: "Please hold, we are looking for the answer."

Is this possible and if so, how?

Many Thanks
    #ConnectwithaCustomer(NEW)

------------------------------
    Pavol Procka
    Cassava Enterprises (Gibraltar) Ltd.

• 2.  RE: CHAT - Automated message while agent is not typing

Posted 02-19-2020 03:21
    Hi Pavol,

I have not done this, but theoretically this should be possible using ICWS and Icelib.  You could use the polling feature to get the latest information on the session and use the last timestamp of the agent as a reference and compare that to the current time, and if it is more than two minutes then send text.

I am not sure how much of a load that might create though.  I assume the best way would be to use IceLib and ICWS or even the IIS to do this.

Sorry if this is not very helpful, but I am working a lot with ICWS these days, and it is very flexible, but you would need to have someone who could write the code to do the comparison of timestamps.  I am sure this could also be done in Handlers, but it would also require ICWS access to get the information.  I have tried before to find information/loops in Handlers that I could possibly leverage but have been unable to do so.

Egill Palsson
    Advania AB

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources