PureConnect

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Agents who are transferred a generic object are unable receive ACD calls

Posted 11-15-2020 21:49
    Hi all,

When a generic object is transferred to an agent, the agent is unable to receive any ACD calls.
    When a generic object is delivered via ACD to an agent, the agent can receive an ACD call.

Once an agent has been transferred a generic object, they must clear the generic objects from their queue before ACD calls will begin routing through to them. I'd like to understand why transferring a generic object prevents the agent from receiving an ACD call?
    Does anyone have any thoughts on this as I have been scratching my head on this one for a long time.
    #Routing(ACD/IVR)

------------------------------
    Jayden Bradow
    Service Performance Analyst
    Precision Administration Services (Pty) Ltd

• 2.  RE: Agents who are transferred a generic object are unable receive ACD calls
    Best Answer

Posted 11-15-2020 21:56
    I think you want to look at these 2 server parameters:

ACDAvailableOnNon-ACD

Use this parameter so that agents are available for ACD interactions when on non-ACD interactions. To be unavailable, the agents must set their status to a non-ACD status. Set the parameter value to any value, such as Yes, 1, true,etc., to enable it.

Without this parameter, or if there is no value entered for the parameter, then agents are not available for ACD when on non-ACD interactions.

For similar email-specific actions, see the ACDAvailableOnNon-ACDEmail parameter.

ACD

ACDAvailableOnNon-ACDEmail

Use this parameter so that agents are available for ACD interactions when on non-ACD email, for example, creating a new email from Interaction Desktop, or receiving a forwarded email. To be unavailable, the agents must set their status to a non-ACD status. Set the parameter value to any value, such as Yes, 1, true,etc., to enable it.

Without this parameter, or if there is no value entered for the parameter, then agents are not available for ACD when on non-ACD email.

This parameter is similar to the ACDAvailableOnNon-ACD parameter, but is email-specific

ryan hedlund
    Stericycle

• 3.  RE: Agents who are transferred a generic object are unable receive ACD calls

Posted 11-15-2020 22:04
    Thanks for the reply @ryan hedlund
    Does this parameter work for non-AC generic objects as well or is it specific to non-ACD email only?​
    Do you know where I can find some more information on where I can find these server parameters?

Jayden Bradow

• 4.  RE: Agents who are transferred a generic object are unable receive ACD calls

Posted 11-15-2020 22:13
    so the first one is super old, (I;ve been using it since 2.4) I am guessing the email one is newer i just realized it was there.

I am surprise Generic object doesn't have a separate one like it does for auto answer etc.

So the first one should related to everything, calls,, callbacks, chats, generic objects, etc. While the second should be isolated to emails.

I have never used the second one nor the first one with some where using Generic Objects.  I don't have it enabled currently. But I may be able to test in my Dev environment and see the behavior unless others know.

You just add the parameter in the Server Parameter container.

ryan hedlund
    Stericycle

• 5.  RE: Agents who are transferred a generic object are unable receive ACD calls

Posted 11-15-2020 23:04
    Ah nice thanks for that.
    I found this as well when searching: https://help.genesys.com/pureconnect/mergedprojects/wh_ia/desktop/param_configuration.htm

Question - If an ACD generic object interaction is manually transferred to an agent is it still an ACD interaction?

Jayden Bradow

• 6.  RE: Agents who are transferred a generic object are unable receive ACD calls

Posted 11-16-2020 07:34
    No, if a call is transfer from the queue by someone to someone else or if you look at the queue and pick up the call then it is no longer ACD.

Its only ACD if the system delivers it some steps in and transfer it to some etc it is no longer ACD.

ryan hedlund
    Stericycle

• 7.  RE: Agents who are transferred a generic object are unable receive ACD calls

Posted 11-16-2020 18:02
    Thanks so much Ryan you've helped me immensely with understanding this issue. Much appreciated.

Jayden Bradow

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources