PureConnect

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Scheduling Filters

Posted 01-05-2021 15:03
    Hoping this gets some uptick.

Good day fellow Pure Connect users,

I am using IC Business Manager CIC 2018 R4 Patch37.

We have our system configured using workgroups to schedule and to manage 'queues' - each 'queue' has it's own workgroup assigned. We currently do not use skillsets but leaning towards switching to skillsets so that there is a clearer picture of who is skilled with what and how many of those skilled people are in the schedules. We have found limitations with this way of scheduling, especially if we needed to do quite a bit of real-time movements in and out of certain activities (this is the nature of the type of work that is required). With Workgroups, unless you pre-planned the specific workgroup to only do one specific activity, it's difficult to filter if multiple work groups do a multitude of activities. For example, an English workgroup sometimes has to complete e-mail type (Non-ACD) work and then when the workload is completed, they return to ACD activity. Typically we can schedule this Non-ACD work in but if this type of work spans multiple teams/workgroups, filtering becomes difficult. One idea was to utilize the Team filter in Agent Details and build specific teams based on the types of Non-ACD work so then we can visibly see those 3 Non-ACD groups' schedules easily and then manage them to go in and out of Non-ACD back to ACD.

Does anyone else have a better solution (for filtering) other than to move to skills based scheduling?

Thank you so much in advance!
    Carmen Chapman
    #WEM/Optimizer

------------------------------
    Carmen Chapman
    Workplace Safety & Insurance Board

• 2.  RE: Scheduling Filters

Posted 01-06-2021 09:36
    Hi Carmen,

I do not have much input for you, but one warning; when using skills we found that Optimizer did not always "Schedule" agents for low volume skills.  So at times the schedule generated may not include agents for a skill that has very few interactions, creating gaps in coverage.
    We were using 2018R3.   And I stopped using optimizer about 2 years ago.

Just something to consider before investing the time to change your configuration

Pete Schroeder
    American Customer Care, Inc
    pschroeder@accare.com

• 3.  RE: Scheduling Filters

Posted 01-06-2021 09:39
    You may get more information if you post in the Workforce Engagement Management community

Pete Schroeder
    American Customer Care, Inc
    pschroeder@accare.com

• 4.  RE: Scheduling Filters

Posted 01-06-2021 09:50
    Thanks Pete! I understand. I have worked in other scheduling software before and the issue you outlined happened there too. To ensure we had schedules created for low volume queues, we had to manipulate the forecasted volume (i.e. added in volume into intervals that normally would not have volume) specifically for scheduling purposes. We maintained a 'locked' forecast using actual historical data which maintained the integrity of the actual call arrival pattern for our forecasting.

Carmen Chapman

• 5.  RE: Scheduling Filters

Posted 01-06-2021 09:51
    Oh, I just saw this - thanks Pete! Will post there also.

Carmen Chapman

• 6.  RE: Scheduling Filters

Posted 01-06-2021 10:54

Hi Carmen - Just thinking about your specific use case here and in lieu of using the Agent Detail > Team as the mechanism for filtering the graphical schedule view within IO, I would create fictitious dummy workgroups to logically bucket your staff.  One out-of-the-gate benefit I can see is that you can manage (and view) membership outside of IO, either in a directory view or within IA.

We use dummy workgroups as "teams" already just for the benefits inherited in the Adherence & Conformance Reporting filters.

Raymond Hicks
    Sutter Health

• 7.  RE: Scheduling Filters

Posted 01-06-2021 15:15
    Hi Raymond!
    Thank you so much! We are currently looking at this as our temporary solution!
    So when you created dummy workgroups, you were able to see the filtered workgroup's adherence and conformance?
    Appreciate the feedback so much!
    Carmen

Carmen Chapman

• 8.  RE: Scheduling Filters

Posted 01-06-2021 15:33
    Hi Carmen - Yes, you can use the dummy workgroup to filter your Adherence and Conformance report views.  The dependency here is that the dummy workgroup is first added into a new or existing Service Goal Group within the Scheduling Unit Configuration.

Raymond Hicks
    Sutter Health

• 9.  RE: Scheduling Filters

Posted 01-06-2021 15:41
    Thank you Raymond :)

Carmen Chapman

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources