PureConnect

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Pureconnect-interaction desktop

Posted 01-06-2022 12:12
    Hello Members,

I want to know , is it mandatory to have SIP Soft phone provisioned for interaction desktop workstation ?, I have successfully login into interaction desktop

My Problem is i am not able to make a call from one workstation to other workstation , getting below error

any help would be highly appreciable

Thanks in Advance for kind help
    Sukhadeo

#PureConnectQAEpisode

------------------------------
    Sukhadeo Prasad
    Consilium Software Inc Pte Ltd

• 2.  RE: Pureconnect-interaction desktop

Posted 01-09-2022 01:58
    Hello Sukhadeo,

Yes, it's mandatory to install and provision the Sip softphone to all agent PC's to be able to make/receive calls.
    Also, you have to create the station in the Interaction Administrator with the FQDN for the agent PC

Documentation: https://help.genesys.com/pureconnect/mergedProjects/wh_tr/desktop/pdfs/Installation_Configuration_Guide.pdf

Regards,
    Amr Khalil

Amr Khalil
    Dimensions Solutions for Telecommunications and Information Technology Company

• 3.  RE: Pureconnect-interaction desktop

Posted 01-09-2022 20:33
    Hi Sukhadeo,
    No, it is not mandatory to have a SIP Soft phone provisioned for interaction desktop workstation. You can use a hard SIP phone instead. In either way you do need to create the station in the Interaction Administrator, and then provision the hard phone on your network.
    In other words - the CIC server needs to know how to connect the calls to your workstation. It could be a hard phone, or a softphone
    Hope it helps.

Igor Dinissuk
    Optima Communications International Inc.

• 4.  RE: Pureconnect-interaction desktop

Posted 01-10-2022 02:00
    Igor is right i suppose there is no hard phone available at your side so you have to provision the sip softphone

Amr Khalil
    Dimensions Solutions for Telecommunications and Information Technology Company

• 5.  RE: Pureconnect-interaction desktop

Posted 01-11-2022 03:14
    If you don't want to use a Managed Phone like the Genesys SIP Softphone or a SIP Hardphone, you can use a "Remote Station" or a "Remote Number".
    There you can enter any valid external phone number, e.g. you mobile, and use this as media to make/receive calls.

Andreas Tikart
    Fiebig GmbH

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources