PureConnect

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  How to Transfer to a attendant profile from Handlers

Posted 10-29-2019 13:08
    ​Hi,

I am looking for a solution or steps to be followed.

I need to transfer the call to a different attendant profile from Handlers, I am not sure how can I achieve it.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks
    #Handlers

------------------------------
    Raghav Gupta
    Accenture USA

• 2.  RE: How to Transfer to a attendant profile from Handlers

Posted 10-29-2019 14:17
    Is this Handler being started from within Attendant (Run Subroutine)? If so, probably the easiest and cleeanest method would be to store a value in a call atrtribute and then follow the subroutine call with either a Select or a Logical Transfer that uses that attribute and reslts in the Profile Transfer.

If that is not what is happening, can you expand on your use case so we can advise appropriately?

• 3.  RE: How to Transfer to a attendant profile from Handlers

Posted 10-30-2019 16:35
    I was able to do this by setting the IntAtt_KeyPath Attribute to the Attendant Profile path I want to transfer to, then using Set Call State to 'System' and then using the System Queue toolstep. It does work but I'm not sure if that is the best way to do it.

Tony Curoso
    American Telesource, Inc.

• 4.  RE: How to Transfer to a attendant profile from Handlers

Posted 10-30-2019 16:54
    This is also basically how Genesys PSO has achieved this in my experience.  They generally load a cookie cutter handler into systems they work on (along with others) to do profile transfers.  The only real difference is that they use the "Get Profile" system tool to get the profile name to set the attribute to.

Aaron Lael
    State of Utah

• 5.  RE: How to Transfer to a attendant profile from Handlers

Posted 10-30-2019 17:01

That makes sense. I found this method in a handler on a system that I inherited. The Get Profile was used in this one as well, but I was able to just assign the value statically for my application.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

• 6.  RE: How to Transfer to a attendant profile from Handlers

Posted 10-30-2019 16:39
    Paul is correct.  Best practice it to set an attribute and use Attendant conditioning to get it where you need to go.  If you have to do it from a handler, the easiest way I have found is to drop in the InteractionAttendantEntryPoint handler when you want to transfer the c.  For the handler name input value, use "System_TransferCallRequest2".  For the Dial String, put in a DNIS number for the profile to transfer to.

Steve Owen
    Avtex Solutions, LLC

• 7.  RE: How to Transfer to a attendant profile from Handlers

Posted 10-30-2019 17:33
    One of the problems you face is that Attendant is, basically, a bunch of subroutines. If you try to change to another profile from within CustomSubroutineInitiatorRouter, then eventually, that chain is going to end / return and you will be back in the original Attendant again....

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources