PureConnect

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Linking Initial Interaction ID and Associated Consult Interaction in Tracker

Posted 05-26-2020 09:38
    Good day!

Question - we have a line of business that does primarily internal consults, rather than blind transfers.  As a result, this creates two separate interaction IDs, but makes it rather difficult to map the IDs together when looking up the detail in tracker.

Would anyone happen to know if there is a current system configuration that would allow the initial interaction ID and the consult interaction to be somehow linked?  This would make it far easier to locate the full call detail in tracker.  And if not, could this be done via an existing system handler?

Thanks in advance!
    #ArchitectureandDesign
    #Routing(ACD/IVR)

------------------------------
    Barry Farrington
    PureConnect Cloud Administrator
    Long Term Care Partners, LLC

• 2.  RE: Linking Initial Interaction ID and Associated Consult Interaction in Tracker

Posted 05-27-2020 08:56
    Hey Barry - in the past, I've either had to log Interaction2 (the id for the internal consult) to a custom field for the Interaction1 row in InteractionSummary or if an actual conference is created, the conference id can be logged for each interaction in the conference. Hope this helps.

Dennis White
    Salelytics, LLC

• 3.  RE: Linking Initial Interaction ID and Associated Consult Interaction in Tracker

Posted 05-27-2020 09:12
    Hi Dennis -  I was thinking of something along this line of thought, in the event that trying to connect the interaction 2 detail to Interaction 1 might be a bit of a level of effort.  However, as a cloud client, I don't have access to Interaction Summary.  Where does this exist, currently?

Barry Farrington
    PureConnect Administrator
    Long Term Care Partners, LLC

• 4.  RE: Linking Initial Interaction ID and Associated Consult Interaction in Tracker

GENESYS
    Posted 05-27-2020 09:46
    Hey Barry - 

There could be a couple pieces to this.  I would first enable the Track Routing Exceptions feature in Interaction Tracker.  I know we've discussed this before.  It will tell you the CallId that was transferred, define the type of transfer (blind, consult, park), and determine the transfer target (queue, user, both, etc.) in the database (specifically the EE_TransferEvents_viw view).

For the other portion, actually defining the 2nd CallId, you could certainly do it via a custom handler.  And I haven't tested, but I also believe you could utilize the CustomAttributes table for this.  In looking at the Attributes Reference Guide, it appears this could be custom logged via the Mappings tab of the Report Log ID 20 (Interaction Custom Attributes Log).  Specifically, if you have a look at the following attribute definitions, you'll be able to get to the information you're looking for (or at least get super close if i'm misunderstanding):

Eic_ConsultCallId
    Eic_ConsultingCallId
    Eic_ConsultTransferCallId

Thanks

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources