PureConnect

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Power Dialer with blended queue (inbound and dialer) with Optimizer

Posted 01-27-2020 11:00
    ​I can't seem to wrap my head around this.  How can I get Power Dialer to work with Optimizer in a workgroup that has both standard ACD inbound volume AND Power Dialer running? We have the dialer running until all the records have been dialed. It's normally about 3 hours, then those agent are available to handle standard inbound ACD volume.

I'm trying to wrap my head around staffing lines and adherence. It's my understanding that once an agent logs into a campaign, they can only taker the dialer calls. So any inbound calls that come in will NOT route to those agents. And when an agent is in dialer, they are in 'available' status. So if we are using Optimizer, how can we take them out of the staffing lines (since they aren't answering incoming volume) and NOT mess up their Adherence since they will be 'available' to take dialer calls?

Or is a mixed queue like this just not compatible with Optimizer?
    #WEM/Optimizer

------------------------------
    Kenn Lambing
    OHIO HEALTH

• 2.  RE: Power Dialer with blended queue (inbound and dialer) with Optimizer

Posted 02-04-2020 11:24
    Hi Kenn,
    Hoping this might answer your question! https://help.genesys.com/cic/mergedProjects/wh_tr/desktop/pdfs/optimizer_requirements_limitations.pdf
    Take a look at page 7 for your answer!
    Cheers,
    Karl

Karl Verreault
    Quovim C3 (9264-2354 Quebec Inc.)

• 3.  RE: Power Dialer with blended queue (inbound and dialer) with Optimizer

Posted 02-04-2020 12:12
    ​Thanks for the info, but I don't think that  answers my question. I'm trying to figure out how to account for 15 agents being logged into a Power Dialer campaign and not taking inbound ACD calls for my workgroup....and NOT messing up their adherence by coding them out for that dialer time. If I can't figure this bit out, my staffing lines will show 15 extra heads that I don't have and my Service Level will be forecasted higher because of those heads...

Kenn Lambing
    OHIO HEALTH

• 4.  RE: Power Dialer with blended queue (inbound and dialer) with Optimizer

GENESYS
    Posted 02-05-2020 08:52
    Hi Kenn,

While PureConnect is capable of blending agents that take both inbound and outbound interactions, it is not quite the same a balancing the performance of both workload demands.  Inbound demand will trump outbound dialing.  If your inbound calls require the use of those that support outbound the system will use them.  Optimizer does not truly support outbound planning as it does inbound workload.  The end result is if busy you will likely not successfully dial.  

Chip Funk
    Manager, Business Consulting
    Genesys

• 5.  RE: Power Dialer with blended queue (inbound and dialer) with Optimizer

Posted 02-05-2020 09:47
    Thanks Chip.  I'm OK with that.  I would prefer they take inbound calls first.  But now I wonder if we have our power-dialer set-up correctly. I was told by our IT group that agents need to be logged into a power dialer campaign and in doing so, they are effectively logging out of the inbound workgroup. And that being the case, while they are logged into the campaign, they will NEVER receive a standard inbound call. But it sounds like you're implying that is NOT the case and they can be doing dialer calls AND standard inbound calls at the same time. That would be the ideal situation so the dialer could run as needed to fill-in around regular calls. Is there documentation about how to make that work?  We used to run an agentless dialer but that would just crank out calls at a predetermined pace and we would have to pause it because we would end up with calls in queue.  And once the queue cleared, we would kick it back on...

Kenn Lambing
    OHIO HEALTH

• 6.  RE: Power Dialer with blended queue (inbound and dialer) with Optimizer

GENESYS
    Posted 02-05-2020 09:57
    Hi Kenn,

I am not an Interaction Dialer expert but I have been in meetings related with customers wanting the system to balance workload because they were not completing their calling lists, i.e. inbound was trumping outbound.  I will see if I can find a Genesys resource that can chime in.

Chip Funk
    Genesys

• 7.  RE: Power Dialer with blended queue (inbound and dialer) with Optimizer

Posted 02-05-2020 09:54
    To add to Chip's comments, I think you need to think about why you are blending and what you are trying to achieve.

Often, blending is used because Dialer is being used to generate additional work when there is excess capacity on an inbound queue. i.e. you have scheduled more agents (for whatever reason) than are actually required to service the inbound workload. This is what the "Inbound Queue" settings on a Campaign are for (ACD Tab) - they allow the Campaign to monitor the inbound workload and stop dialing if there's enough work to keep everyone busy.

Of course, if you need the outbound calls to happen, you either have some Agents dedicated to Outbound, or deliberately over-staff based on your expected volume. In the latter case, would still set the monitoring of the queues up, though, since that will allow for unexpected "blips" in the inbound workload.

HTH

• 8.  RE: Power Dialer with blended queue (inbound and dialer) with Optimizer

GENESYS
    Posted 02-05-2020 09:58
    Great add Paul.

Chip Funk
    Genesys

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources