PureConnect

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  README: IC-148375

Posted 08-30-2019 01:45
    The above readme documentation for 2018R5 has the following section:

Caveats and Warnings : This new handler utilizes the Switchover Event initiator. That initiator was previously unused by system handlers. There's a possibility that customers may have a custom handler that triggers on that initiator. If that's the case, they'll need to move their functionality to the newly added customization point.

Does anyone know the name of the new handler & customization point this refers to? Or do we have to install 2018R5 or later and then search?

Thanks
    #Handlers

------------------------------
    Tarquin Bell
    Precision Administration Services (Pty) Ltd

• 2.  RE: README: IC-148375

Posted 08-30-2019 15:45
    Tarquin,

There is an initiator called Switchover Event. I suspect they are now using this this initiator for something system specific now so if you had a custom handler which used this initiator you are going to have to change your code. I don't have a 2018 R5+ server to look at this but I suspect if you use the dependency viewer you will see there is now a system handler which uses the initiator. Maybe there is a customization point in the new subroutine you can use?

Thanks,

Mark Tatera
    ConvergeOne

Opinions are my own and not the views of my employer. Any suggestions or programming changes I suggest come with no warranty and should be tried at your own risk.

• 3.  RE: README: IC-148375

Posted 08-30-2019 16:52
    Mark

Thanks, yes we have that initiator in use, I was just wondering if anyone had information on the unnamed handler so it could be prepared for rather than adding to post upgrade workload.

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: This email is from Sunsuper Pty Ltd (ABN 88 010 720 840; AFSL 228975) or one of its wholly owned subsidiaries - Sunsuper Financial Services Pty Ltd (ABN 50 087 154 818; AFSL 227867) or Precision Administration Services Pty Ltd (ABN 47 098 977 667; AFSL 246604). It may be confidential or privileged. If you do not wish to receive future e-mail messages please send an e-mail to privacy_officer@sunsuper.com.au with the subject line UNSUBSCRIBE. Our full email footer is available at http://www.sunsuper.com.au/transmission_disclaimer/ For ratings and awards information refer to sunsuper.com.au/ratingsagencies

• 4.  RE: README: IC-148375

Posted 08-30-2019 17:12
    Tarquin,

I would suspect you could quickly find this once you install the CIC upgrade on your Dev server. I poked around in the readme file for 2018 R5 and found a handler named CustomSwitchoverEvent.ihd. I'm pretty sure this is the customization point based off the name and the fact that my CIC servers prior to 2018 R5 don't have this subroutine.

Thanks,

Mark Tatera
    ConvergeOne

Opinions are my own and not the views of my employer. Any suggestions or programming changes I suggest come with no warranty and should be tried at your own risk.

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources