PureConnect

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Shared Station Appearances - How to find where they are assigned?

Posted 01-30-2020 13:49
    We have a handful of shared stations assigned to different phones for various reasons. If you look at the station itself, it will tell you the primary phone it is assigned to, but we cannot seem to find a way to list all phones that have that station assigned.

Are we missing something easy?
    #SystemAdministration

------------------------------
    Scott D
    Delta Dental of Washington

• 2.  RE: Shared Station Appearances - How to find where they are assigned?

Posted 01-31-2020 09:32
    Scott,

If you know the shared line's you should be able to find the info in the registry. Navigate to HKLM>Software>Wow6432Node>Interactive Intelligence>EIC>Directory Services >Root>{Site Name}>Production>{Server Name}>IP Phones. From here there will be a Reg multi string value with every station appearance on a phone. Do a search for the name of the shared line and you should find something like this (My test station with the shared appearance was named TestSLA and the second phone which had the shared line was named TestSLA2) 

0|Private|TestSLA2|Yes
    1|Shared|TestSLA|No

You could also probably look for the string Shared|{StationName} and find it as well. Once you have the phone container look for the value Name and you will find the name of the station with the shared line on it.

Thanks,

Mark Tatera
    ConvergeOne

Opinions are my own and not the views of my employer. Any suggestions or programming changes I suggest come with no warranty and should be tried at your own risk. If my comment helped you or solved your problem please consider marking my comment as best answer.

• 3.  RE: Shared Station Appearances - How to find where they are assigned?

Posted 01-31-2020 11:47
    Thanks, Mark, for the detail and testing it yourself.

I nearly went down that path myself but figured I would ask first.

Scott D
    Delta Dental of Washington

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources