PureConnect

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Subroutine parameters passed by reference aren't being passed

Posted 03-13-2020 17:54
    Edited by Tyler Style 03-13-2020 18:00
    I have a subroutine 'PrimarySub" that passes a  string list parameter by reference to another subroutine "SecondarySub", which then passes it by reference to a subroutine "TertiarySub".  All the parameters have the "input only" checkbox unchecked. 

However, the output that includes this variable doesn't show any of the changes made to that parameter by TertiarySub.

When tracing this in a debug, TertiarySub shows the parameter passed as being blank and on return to SecondarySub the variable is unchanged from the value SecondarySub passed in.

Does anyone know what might account for this unexpected behaviour?
    #Handlers

------------------------------
    Tyler Style
    Interactive Intelligence Engineer, WellCare Health Plans

• 2.  RE: Subroutine parameters passed by reference aren't being passed

Posted 03-13-2020 18:36
    Can you also confirm that in the Subroutine call within PrimarySub and SecondarySub, the parameter appears on the "Outputs" tab?

• 3.  RE: Subroutine parameters passed by reference aren't being passed

Posted 03-16-2020 10:00
    Yes, the parameter does appear on the Outputs tab in the subroutine properties in both PrimarySub & SecondarySub.

Tyler Style

• 4.  RE: Subroutine parameters passed by reference aren't being passed

Posted 03-14-2020 09:57
    It's been a long time, but I seem to recall this happening to me when I published the handler with the param set as input only, then changed it and published again.  This would have been many years and several version in the past, so take it for what it's worth.

Tim Cannon

• 5.  RE: Subroutine parameters passed by reference aren't being passed

Posted 03-14-2020 14:38
    @Tim Cannon is correct and this is the theory I'm working on.

Having said that, when you re-publish a Subroutine having changed it's parameters, you should get an alert warning you that you need to update the various calls to that subrouting.

We await further information!​

• 6.  RE: Subroutine parameters passed by reference aren't being passed

Posted 03-16-2020 10:14
    Unfortunately the parameter has been an output parameter from the start.   I re-published just to be sure, and the result is the same.

Tyler Style

• 7.  RE: Subroutine parameters passed by reference aren't being passed

Posted 03-16-2020 12:46
    In which case, I'm inclined to suggest opening a Support ticket. It seems the system is not behaving in the way it should and they may be able to dig deeper to figure out why.

• 8.  RE: Subroutine parameters passed by reference aren't being passed

Posted 03-17-2020 10:32
    Thanks Paul.  I actually opened a ticket right after I posted this originally, as I was pretty sure that it was a systems issue.  I wanted to get the community's perspective as well though.

Tyler Style

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources